Sign in to follow this  
Adam413

Trouble with cutter stopping in mid cut.

Hello all. I am new to this machine although I have had a cutter in the past. I am still new to scal. Now on with the Problem. It starts the cut and stops about a quarter of the way through it. I am using a mac mini with inkscape and scale. the model of cutter is SC 34inch. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Forum.

Do you have access to any other computer? (older PC with a serial port, preferably)

I could not get my SC to deal with USB very well at all, and I switched over to a serial connection with a laptop running XP (using SignBlazer Elements) and it never caused me any headaches after that. 

Ya i don't have another computer at the moment. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well!

I had the exact same problem.  I ended up going to Best Buy and getting a new USB cord, which is just a printer cord, spent $25, I got a longer cord, and totally fixed the problem.  My machine was also on carpet and O moved it to one of the anti-static mats just as a precaution.  I hope it works for you too.

If you are still having issues you might try some anti-static spray. I had problems with my old P-Cut and it was static related. I started using the spray that sewing folks use to remove static cling on clothing. I just sprayed it wound the ground and stand before I started a cut and it solved most of my stalling out. Some of the budget models are more susceptible to static than others. BTW I run an imac and a windows laptop. I cut with a USB without any issues but many have found good results by getting set up with a serial cable or the proper null version of a keyspan adapter. I started looking into this originally and in talking to tech support I ended up just running the USB to my widows 7 laptop without issues. I upgraded my cutter about a  year ago and have it running from the mac or the laptop either one using SignCut Pro. They have a free trial but I don't think the stalling out issue has anything to do with the cutting software because mine (the old one) did that with any program I tried, it was definitely static issues in my case.