Sign in to follow this  
LuckyGraphicsAZ

Hello from AZ

My name is Nick bought my cutter back in September and have been doing small jobs for friends and family. Mostly focusing on doing numbers and sponsors for dirt track cars. Mainly bought the machine for a hobby and to save some money and do my own graphics on my race car. But the word had gotten out and have done some wall vinyl and thinking of dabbling in the heat press area for simple shirts.

Welcome to the Forum, Nick.

Apparel is a huge market.

And it doesn't cost too much to get into it, basically some Siser EasyWeed and the heating unit.

Thank you

I know its a huge market and would like to get into it but worried its a very saturated market here in the Metro Phx area. Not too mention I am picky about the product I turn out and wouldn't feel right selling to people until I have mastered it myself.

What basic materials would I need to be able to knock out 1 color shirts or even 2 color.  Does 2/3 colors follow the same principles as die-cut where you stack colors then press on too material.

Thank you

I know its a huge market and would like to get into it but worried its a very saturated market here in the Metro Phx area. Not too mention I am picky about the product I turn out and wouldn't feel right selling to people until I have mastered it myself.

What basic materials would I need to be able to knock out 1 color shirts or even 2 color.  Does 2/3 colors follow the same principles as die-cut where you stack colors then press on too material.

If you can produce good looking vinyl graphics on your car you can do the same for shirts. Even easier IMO. Same principal as regular adhesive vinyl except for press part. (mirror image reverse cut though, you are cutting the adhesive side of the vinyl) Press one layer at a time. No big deal at all. In the proper application I think it is superior to most other options. Proper application being simple solid color graphics. If you have  a million holes to weed out it is a lot of work and the screen or direct to garment printers rule but for basic graphics it lasts as long as the shirt, stays vibrant the whole life of the shirt and generally speaking ain't coming off there. I have 3 or 4 converted customers who used to get screen printed shirts. I did a shirt or two for them and they loved the feel and color so much they have been with me several years and several thousand. 

Welcome from Idaho.