UniqueGraphix_559

help with cutting small letters

I have a laserpoint 2. How do I set the base up correctly. And how do I know if I have a 45 or 60 degree blade? When I'm doing smaller letters that are squared off it rounds them and it's very frustrating. Even if I put the speed all the way down

I have a laserpoint 2. How do I set the base up correctly. And how do I know if I have a 45 or 60 degree blade? When I'm doing smaller letters that are squared off it rounds them and it's very frustrating. Even if I put the speed all the way down

• Like 2

How small are you trying to cut? The value cutters just don't cut really small letters very well.

May very well be an offset problem. Have you tried cutting a test square to see if the corners are sharp?

I am having almost the same issue. I am trying to cut quarter inch letters and it keeps pulling the vinyl up with it. I have tried different pressures. I am using a Titan 2. Is this beyond my machines capability?

I am having almost the same issue. I am trying to cut quarter inch letters and it keeps pulling the vinyl up with it. I have tried different pressures. I am using a Titan 2. Is this beyond my machines capability?

to go down to that small with any cutter you will need a very fine tuned cutter and the right vinyl.   I would start by using a 60 degree cleancut blade and make sure I have the absolute least amount of blade exposed (too much blade exposed using the incorrect 1/2 credit card will almost always pull small detail up)   using fresh oracal vinyl will help also ( we have used oracal and fdc on fine detail for weeding competitions 

• Like 1

Like Dakota said it's all in the setup and it takes time to get it right. The smaller the letters the longer the setup which is why I pass on most jobs that intricate. I have done arial down to about 1/16" in siser and let me tell you it's a miserable experience and I'll pass every job like that from now on.

• Like 1