tony2029

How much to charge for a vinyl job

Hey I hope you guys can help me out. This is my first job and I want to know how much to charge the customer. He want the words MILE HIGH in 5in letters in usuzi font with white vinyl. Please let me know thanks

What quality of vinyl are you going to use, calendered, cast? are you going to install it?  do you have to remove an old decal and clean up the surface.

Just the decal in cast vinyl $28.00

It's going on the front windshield right under the wiperblades of the guys car. He wants it 20in wide and each letter 5in tall

Tony

I just wanted to show you this.

I did MILE HIGH in 5"  USUZI font.

Bottom is just letting the letters go wild in length and it's 52.55 inches long.

Middle is adjusting the kerning so the decal will be 20"

Top is shrinking the length back to 20"  as a rectangle.  which changed the look a little.

The price i stated was for the bottom one.  and I used the length plus width  divided by 2.  I rounded down to $28  from 28.775.

post-24657-0-81393100-1399771879_thumb.j

It's going on the front windshield right under the wiperblades of the guys car. He wants it 20in wide and each letter 5in tall

Is that legal where you live, because it's not legal here.

It's not legal here but it's done quite a bit.

If done on a windshield, wouldn't compound curvature of the glass need to be accounted for when designing the cut? A normal flat decal won't apply smoothly will it?