Sign in to follow this  
DNA_Vinyl

GreenStar

I use Greenstar exclusively for Banners and Coroplast. Nothing wrong with it for that type of usage and i am tired of people offering opinions on something they really have little experience with. I have probably cut more Greenstar this week than  most of them have cut total.

I have never found it to be stiff or thick...or any different from any other house brand vinyl.

Maybe we got some old stuff with our Graphtec bundle, because it was stiff and thick.   I use house brands, (General Formulations). .

maybe you did. I speak from experience having cut thousands of yards.

It's tougher than Filson double Tin pants, well maybe not THAT tough but it's tough. I used it to line some kitchen shelves and have been amazed at the abuse it will handle. Kinda has some shrinkage issues and some edge curling issues with age but for real short term use it works. Some clients think thicker is better so for them it's the ticket. I currently have a big black slab of it on the side of a 40 ton articulated dump truck that I'm doing a field test to see how well and how long it will go before it starts showing any tell-tale signs of giving up. I looked at it last week and it has been bombarded with rocks and has some damage from that but still seems to be hanging on (pardon the pun). It's got white 651 Oracal lettering on top for comparison. 

One of my banners after 3 years,All greenstar.

post-242-0-45822600-1399505128_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

See this thread for why I'm glad I switched from using Sign Warehouse's EnduraGloss (their house brand) to Oracal...

One of my banners after 3 years,All greenstar.

A banner is a great application for GS because it doesn't see 100% use so it gets a break. In my personal opinion I tend to believe softer substrates like that also allow for a little shrinkage to occur without harm.