Sign in to follow this  
frenchsquared

New User, cutting issue

I jsut got my MK2 Today. 

When trying to cut my name (Gordon)

it cut gor and then cut don on top of the gor. 

it look like there is a print area defined as a 3" x 4" box

Any idea how to set the print/cut area? 

Need a bit more info on your problem. Size of cutter? Did you create the text as one word or two? Did you define a mat size? BTW, Welcome to the forum.

Also make sure that when you are ready to begin cutting that you unroll enough vinyl to complete your project as letting the cutter do it on its own will make it do weird things such as cutting at 90 degrees in the middle of your job.

Also make sure that when you are ready to begin cutting that you unroll enough vinyl to complete your project as letting the cutter do it on its own will make it do weird things such as cutting at 90 degrees in the middle of your job.

What makes this machine do this?. I dont understand why unrolling the vinyl makes a difference. Trying to learm here, cause my mk2  is acting up like this.

Can't explain why, but just except the fact it does and peel off what you need for the job before hand. Took me a couple of times before I figured it out. Hope this is all that is your problem.

Donn

What makes this machine do this?. I dont understand why unrolling the vinyl makes a difference. Trying to learm here, cause my mk2  is acting up like this.

if the machine is trying to pull from the full roll it can slip in the grit rollers - it depends on accurate movement and any slippage will cause problems.

So hypothetically, if I were going to do a job that required 24" of travel, if I unrolled the two feet off the roll and left the rest on the roller stand, would the weight of the hanging vinyl be enough to distort the cut or is it really the act of pulling the roll out?

Not the weight of 2 feet of vinyl should not be cause the machine to slip.

If it does, you may have grit roller/pressure (friction) issues.

I was pretty sure that I didn't have that issue, but I wanted to make sure as I rule things out systematically trying to isolate the error I'm experiencing.  

Thanks for confirming that though.