blowndeadline

Areas appear not to be cut

Either it's not cutting or it's grabbing the points and snagging them to cause the issue.

I've messed with the offset as well as blade depth. The parts are completely cut, just in certain areas it looks like the vinyl is getting snagged and causing irregularities. See attached picture.

My pressure is set at 42, speed is cut at 200 and offset is at .60mm. Only reason why the offset is set at 60 is it works fine for avery yellow paint mask, just not oracal 7511

Thanks!

Mike

post-84955-0-51284400-1397524270_thumb.j

hard to tell from the photo but first thought was you need to add to the over-cut in scalp 0 this makes the blade go sligtly beyond the end point to ensure all pieces are actually cut free,

How small is this that you are showing?  If you feen that there are areas the blade is snagging and not cutting cleanly clean your blade holder well, making sure there are no little pieces stuck in the holder then put in new good blade and add a drop of light weight oil like 3in1 oil into the holder to ensure everything is lubricated well and the blade spins as free as possible,  when you have everything cleaned and oiled, put in a new cleancut 60 degree blade for your cutter, start with too  little blade and back the pressure down 40 percent before you try to do a test cut.   adjust you blade by removing it from the carriage, hold the holder in you hand and run it across the vinyl and adjust until it barely leaves an indentation in the backing paper;  once there re install the blade holder into the carriage,  now do a test cut and see if you need more or less pressure to get the cut done cleanly.  if the plotter is now working properly and the blade can do it's job properly you should get good results  if not show the pictures with the problem areas pointed out and a description of what is happening    little tid bits that help are knowing software and this is in the scalp area so we assume you are using scalp - version number would be helpful as several on here have had different versions with bugs,  another key element is what cutter are you using - good condition:"   cutting strip condition,  make sure you have the offset adjusted per the new bie guide in instructional contributions (please totally ignore the 1/2 credit card depth as that is way to much blade out.  PS that 751 is much thinner than your mast so even less blade,   after all that and the answers to all the questions we can proceed to fine tune the unit.    remember if it is pulling little corners 99 percent of the time we narrow it down to too much blade, too fast\ gunk in the holder  poor vinyl choice (which 751 is not a poor choice) ,   more info and we will get there.   now the rampling tonight is the dr said to take a norco and an ambien together - should be better tomorrow

REMEMBER once you have it dialed in most of the way put a 60 degree cleancut blade in there for that final bit of bliss.

The entire decal is 5" tall. Hard to describe the area exactly.

I'm going to try a new blade and some light oil as suggested. I have tried several different offsets and pressure settings, some are starting to look jagged!

How exactly do I add "over cut"?

Ok, tried to mess with the overcut. Now at my last settings it's starting to make the text look cartoony instead of being straight. Trying another blade and some light oil.

set the offset where you corners in the test block come out right and leave it alone.   once you have set that - that way it will do it's job until someone messes it up.  we have posted diagrams under the instruction areas that describe it so people will quite trying to make it do things it isn't made to do.

so you was making changes and it was improving but you decidded to put it back to how it was and you are surprised it is cutting all screwy again   :wacko:

No, I changed the blade three times. Set it back to where it was working perfectly for a different type of vinyl. Now that is screwy. As far as "trying to make it do something it wasn't made to do", I thought it was a die cutter? If It can't at least cut straight edges then might as well use a real scalpel!

I'm very new to this, not 100% on all the settings, offsets, overcuts, pressues, speed and how they all correlate with each other so bare with me.

Just trying to cut a simple graphic. It may not be a square but if I was cutting squares all day I would get a straight edge and xacto.

I have already been through about a yard of vinyl, scraps and all and it still leaves jagged corners. New blade, light oil, set the depth a few different time, still no go.

Are you setting your blade like this? 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

also,  did you remove the tape from the cutting strip,?  Just checking, it must be removed before cutting.  And make sure the carriage head wheels are firmly in the track.