outlaws

Some Glass I Etched

Love the wine bottles.  I would have etched the other side tho.  We use them as trivets and cheese serving plates and find that they sit good on a counter when turned over.

xpaperman, I tried one you just couldn't see it well enough.

K5graphics, I am using an air eraser that was purchased at Harbor Freight.

And thanks

Butch 

And thanks

Butch 

Paasche AECR remote air eraser... You will be glad you did. (about 100.00 bucks)

Filling that little cup is a PITA. The Paasche has a large remote cup (1qt).

And thanks

Butch 

Yes, the surface is different on the other side for sure.  Didn't realize it wouldn't show well.  

I have an air eraser and a cabinet, I bought the cabinet because I was tired of stopping to refill the air eraser every few moments. I still havent worked out the settings on my cabinet yet, hopefully I will soon enough. Your wine bottles look real good, I like how smooth and even the etch looks. I'm assuming you use the 220 aluminum oxide? Thats what I am using, I just cant find a good psi to work at. Any suggestions?

K5, I am looking into the cabinet thing myself. I am using 220 grit aluminum oxide. I think my compressor is 5 hp Sears Craftsman. I think I got it set at 90-110 psi and I don't use a regulator. So I really don't know what the pressure is at the gun. 

Butch

Would the hobby compressors work with the air eraser?

I have a small 1 hp/2 gal Craftsman that I have used for mine. It works good. Harbor Freight has a similar one on sale in their weekend ad for $38.

I've used a 20lb C0/2 tank with my air eraser before, just to see if it would work. Etched a stainless steel flask with it. If you need an absolutely quiet source of air, that's the way to go. Not cheap as they used to be though.

Sloozy8, My wife and I do fused glass and bottle slumping. We have a kiln that heats the bottles to right at 1500 degrees and melts them. The bowl shape is a mold we put them in. The shiny is from an overglaze that we put on before firing. 

Butch