Sign in to follow this  
security802

shirt design

So I have a buddy that had an idea for a shirt. His wife and myself said it was redundant. So I am wondering you alls opinions

CHARLESTON

FIREFIGHTER

FIRE DEPT

This is how he wants the shirt back to read. First and third line white and 2nd line red.

Being my friend I had to tell him I thought it was crowded redundant and dumb looking lol

If you arc or arch the top and bottom or put them on a circle path and have firefighter cutting through the middle it wouldn't be that bad especially in a different color. 

Maybe take what wildgoose & dawn say and add an image in the center?

post-43059-0-67260200-1394217459_thumb.p

• Like 2

Sounds like he is proud of being a firefighter though so, as stated early go with the curve Charleston Fire Dept with Firefighter in the middle.

Change it to

Firefighter

Charleson

Fire Dept.

If you change the font too so that the circular Charleston fire dept is in an old fashioned looking or official looking font then have Frirefighter in something different to make it obvious and you could have various shirts some saying firefighter some saying fire chief or volunteer etc... 

Sweet. Didn't think of curving the two. I have some cool new reflective vinyl its clear. Thought about doing the Charleston fire dept like normal then putting clear reflective over it with the word firefighter. Only problem is its wicked expensive and he is cheap lol

So talked with him with a couple other ideas, he is still bent that it has to be the three lines stacked white and red. I guess is the $$ talks I have to assume the customer is right (even when he is wrong).

Some people are just simple and set on their ways.

Yes yes he is, but a really good friend and customer. So will make it as he wants and not tick him off for telling him again its just not that cool

• Like 1

Oh well it uses less vinyl that way too. I have a customer who is very similar and has a real basic font with no frills. 

The reason is they want to stand out as a firefighter and not someone who bought the shirt just to support the fire dept at a fundraiser or something.  i run into it all the time and completely understand what they want

• Like 1

If it was me I would leave the firefighter out. And go with.

CHARLESTON

FIRE DEPT

I think the buddy is saying he's a firefighter for the fire department. Just like the chief would put "chief" in the middle.

• Like 1

The reason is they want to stand out as a firefighter and not someone who bought the shirt just to support the fire dept at a fundraiser or something.  i run into it all the time and completely understand what they want

Funny you should say that that, talking to him that was his answer. So many have the old shirts that are not on the fore dept but have family etc that support.

I can see this being a valid point, but would leave off fire dept if it was my choice.

In light of the new info I would add that the most important info on the shirt has become "FIREFIGHTER".

Perhaps it should also be the largest?

post-43059-0-14175700-1394581338_thumb.j

• Like 5

Skare is the man he has some real good ideas I would say show that.

Sometimes I get dead set against something, I don't see the way to make it work.

• Like 2