cjdecals

Registration marks and weed lines

Howdy,

I am new to SCALP after using Flexi starter for a few years.  A lot of things are easier in SCALP but there are a couple things either missing or I simply cannot find them.  Is there a way to easily add registration marks for multilayer cutting?  Is there a way to automatically add in weed lines?  I have searched and I am pretty sure that neither feature is available but figured that I would ask.  If they would add in these features as well as maybe a way to quickly cut multiple copies in the cut screen, then there would be no reason to ever use Flexi again in my opinion.  Hint hint hint US Cutter and Craft Edge. Thanks.

CJ

I use the shapes library for registration marks. Just place one or two where needed on the original image, then use the layers window to hide the layers you don't want to cut. As far as weed lines, I just add nodes and draw my own in places I know will be a headache. Doesn't take long.

As Eazy said, just add a couple shapes where you want and you'll be good. I make diamonds at the top for my reg. marks. Under the SUBJECT tab at the top, there's a WEEDING tab you can click and it will simply just add a box around your image. Or you can manually do it yourself by drawing your own lines. I think SCALP is great, not sure why most of the people on this forum are against it. Super easy to understand compared to some others I've tried and it does quite a bit!

• Like 1

When you have multi-colors to cut place your registration marks a symbol from the presets somewhere it is convenient to all three colors with minimal vinyl used.. Weeding box is built into the software. Goto OBJECT and drop down to weeding. If you withing page margins a box will appear around your work and will show in the preview to verifiy. You can group the weed box with your objects of the same color

I think SCALP is great, not sure why most of the people on this forum are against it. Super easy to understand compared to some others I've tried and it does quite a bit!

We are just disappointed because when it rolled out in was going to become the best thing since ice-cream and they were making major steps forward regularly....all excitement and fireworks... and then it sort of fizzled and they stopped progressing sooo close to being a complete package that most of us were left unimpressed. There are much better options out there, some of which are totally free (Inkscape for design) so it gets a lot of mud thrown at it. For cutting...meh, it's ok and if it came with your cutter then it's not a bad deal but I would never pay the $200 bones they want for it. 

• Like 1

I bought it for $50 trying to get away from signcut and it did that. Also has a pretty strong trace function but not $200 strong.

• Like 1