Sign in to follow this  
Pcrat

Printer and CISS Kit arrived!!

yep watched the tracking everyday!! lol

Finally. Watched the cis tutorial video twice to make sure. Very easy to set up! No hitches, and didnt spill no ink :D

damn this thing is HUGE!! THE WF-7520 

Now on to buying some shirts & Hoodies, since we are in michigan here...

new toys, are like a kid in a candy store!!

post-25991-0-94492300-1391557187_thumb.j
  • Like 1

Thanks.. hope it stands up the test of time.... so dont need to buy another 1 too soon

• Like 1

What kind of ink did you get?

I just finally ordered the same printer this morning.  I'd been putting it off and had originally planned to get the 7510, but then stumbled onto a deal on the 7520 and next thing I knew it was on it's way to me...

I ordered a Cobra Ink dye-sub CISS for my Epson Stylus Photo 1400 that should be here any day.  I had planned to go pigment with that printer and convert the 75xx to dye-sub, but after talking to Emma at Cobra Ink she convinced me that the way the 1400 feeds paper (rear feed slot) vs. the way the 75xx series does (paper trays), that it would be better suited to feeding single sheets of transfer paper and with the 6-color inks, it will provide better photo quality.

Now I need to call up Cobra and order a pigment CISS for the 7520...

Any tips or tricks you learned that you can share?

I got Pigment ink. 

First thing i did was a nozzle check, wow was that junk, did a head clean then nozzle check again came out great. printed out a picture an alot of lines up and down the image, 2 more head cleans and an alignment, and pictures are perfect now.

Just have to remember to print something atleast once a week or so..if not being used.

If you don't print for a while and it does get clogged, it's fairly easy to clear. Cobra Ink sells a clog buster kit with a cleaning solution and a syringe for forcing it through the print heads. It only takes a few minutes and works great.

• Like 2

I got Pigment ink. 

First thing i did was a nozzle check, wow was that junk, did a head clean then nozzle check again came out great. printed out a picture an alot of lines up and down the image, 2 more head cleans and an alignment, and pictures are perfect now.

Just have to remember to print something atleast once a week or so..if not being used.

I would print more often than once a week if you want it to stay smooth. I have an epson WF30 and if I don't keep it busy it likes to clog. Fortunately I have plenty of high school aged helpers that keep the ink flowing. I have saved enough just in ink to pay for the printer in just a couple years, let alone the money I have made doing shirt transfers. 

ok, yea if i dont get any orders to keep me busy , i know my wife would always want to print out atleast some nice Photos for the wall. 

But yea, will look into one of those Clog buster kits , just to have around, atleast i will have one if i ever need one...

Order teflon sheets, and just got my sample of papilio vinyl sheets to also try out. Just trying to still get the contour just right 

I have had trouble with color transferring onto teflon with shirt transfers, particularly on dark transfers that are facing up. When you switch over to a white shirt and have some carry-over it can ruin your day. A lot of scrubbing with goof-off cleaned my teflon but I switched to parchment paper that you would otherwise use for baking. Awesome product, cheap and plentiful and is the same thing they send with opaque transfers but larger. Nothing sticks to that stuff and if by chance it does you can see the color and toss it because it's cheap.

ok will get that too...

so all so far is good but how do ya load the ICC profiles from cobraink? some pictures of people the brown hair is a more red,,, alot of brighter color to it, 

ok will get that too...

so all so far is good but how do ya load the ICC profiles from cobraink? some pictures of people the brown hair is a more red,,, alot of brighter color to it, 

On Windows 7, I think you can just right-click on the *.ICM files and select Install...

Otherwise you can copy them to C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\ - then you'll need to tell your software which color profile to use when you're printing.

Ok.. got them all installed... so this dont' work when ya say right click a picture and choose print lol... so icc is for say photoshop and flexisign... corel etc...

Ok.. got them all installed... so this dont' work when ya say right click a picture and choose print lol... so icc is for say photoshop and flexisign... corel etc...

Correct.  There may be a way to set a default color profile for printing, but not that I've found.

Gotcha thats why the color was off just a smidge lol. OtherWise produces great prints. Weird have to sometimes re calibrate for different papers...

ok so for photoshop,,, it  shows a few settings i dont have,, I think..

EDIT: ok figured it out.. But the ICC Profiles from cobra, dont match, it makes everything alot BRIGHTER skin is bright white, etc.

But i did get it mostly dial in for photos on glossy paper. and normal paper printing, now just need to dial it in for t shirt paper. 

finally got rid of all and any lines, that shows up now and then lol. 

all in all so far i am very happy with it. 

oh yea that's right, For sale, 1 year old HP all in one, great for.. umm.... hold on i know this one,, ahh,,, i will get back to ya. 

price: i PAY YOU!!! to get rid of this P.O.S.

that one i could'nt get rid of lines right out of the box.

• Like 1

oh yea just to make sure,,, the original cartridges that came with this i cannot use since im using pigment ink correct?

and the pigment has already ran through the heads, so no swapping ink ( without a huge hassle )

The original epson ink is pigment as well so I don't see why you couldn't use them but I'd give Richard at Cobra ink a call just to be sure. Their customer service is awesome.

You can flush the system fairly easily - it is messy and you will want to wear gloves (or it will look like you tie-dyed your hands) and you're going to waste some of your new ink printing a lot of test prints to make sure it's all cleared out.

My 1400 had been used with original Epson dye inks and I put a set of non-OEM dye cartridges in to test it out when I bought it. I've removed those cartridges and flushed the system with Cobra Ink cleaning solution and have the print head soaking in the same fluid now to make sure it's as clean as I can get it before installing the dye-sub CISS kit.

Richard has videos on the website that shows how to clear/clean out Epson printers.

I was under the impression that the original ink for Epson was pigment. If not please disregard my post above or you'll have a mess.

Epson WorkForce printers come with DuraBrite (sp?) pigment ink by default. My 1400 is a Stylus Photo series, thus the dye ink.

Ahh ok.. ohwell.. no need really for the cartridges anyways..now that cis is installed.

Printer arrived yesterday - you weren't kidding about the size! Tracking info said it wasn't due to arrive until Monday so I hadn't even cleared a spot for it yet... Spot I had in mind isnt going to work anyways - thankfully it has WiFi/Ethernet connections so I don't have to worry about being limited by a 6' USB cable... Hope to get it all set up this afternoon...

I hope to God ya'll have better luck with your 7520's than I have. This has been the biggest nightmare of a headache machine I've ever owned. 

For the last couple months I get an error almost after every page I print "cannot recognize cartridge, black". I'll pull the cartridge out, put it back in, prints another page, then same error. Over, and over, and over.... It's still under Epson warranty and they said it has a faulty chip in it. So they want me to send it back, (and be without a printer for a couple weeks) while they send me a REFURBISHED printer back. No no and no!! So I am waiting until the warranty is up with them, as that's when my Extended warranty with Staples kicks in (thank God for extended warranties!!) and get rid of this POS and get something that actually works. I filed a complaint with the BBB as it's not right I should go without a printer for weeks, as I'd have to buy another printer then to get me by, to only get a refurbished one back.

I will never own anything Epson ever again. Ever, ever ever. This is the second piece of junk I've owned from them in 3 years. My first one was an 1100 and god forbid, I went a couple days without printing something, for it to never print again. I don't have time to deal with this junk all because of their corporate greed and faulty sensors that want me to purchase their overpriced ink instead of the ink I actually NEED to run by business. I have yet to find out what other printer brand will work with the CIS but if it's only Epson, then I am DONE doing transfers. 

I don't even wanna know how much ink I've wasted cleaning the head, and the ink charging on the stupid thing just to get it to print fine for a couple more pages. 

/endrant. Sorry about that!!!