motoxchic

Anyone ever use this tool for removal?

Not that specific one but very similar. Works real good on pinstripe and small lettering. Not as good an anything wider. The best one I have seen was a snap-on version of the same thing but it was VERY expensive and the guy who had it said it wears out quick, more like a drafting eraser. 

I always just use a lil chisler and heat. There are different versions of powered removal tools.
I lent out my last 2 little chiselers and did not have them this weekend to remove CHROME of all things. That prompted my search for other ideas, and that rubber wheel came up. Looked interesting. I do like my little chiselers though!

...remembering to add them to my next order list!

I used one on emblem glue on an old car of mine. Only issue is burning thru the clear coat if not careful

not a small issue, good to know

I just bought one of the smooth 3m wheels to remove the pinstripe on my car and saw this while shipping around.. It just looked like something that would murder my clear coat so I opted for the smooth wheel lol

I work at a body shop and the techs use them all the time, both pre and post paint. I've used them too but I personally am a little afraid of them and prefer a chisler, but those guys don't care and will use them on a freshly painted black luxury car without any problems. Practice makes perfect I guess. They might be useful on occasion but I rarely run across any decals that take much longer to remove by hand.

I think we have a couple different styles laying around, but the type we use most is shaped like this:

http://www.tcpglobal.com/AutoBodyDepot/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemNo=DEN+DF-705&gclid=CPO81uT8uLwCFQbl7AodLwoAzQ