wesdog

Static Cling Vinyl

It's usually a little thicker than normal vinyl so you will want more blade out and maybe a little more pressure. I cut it all the time.

• Like 1

It's usually a little thicker than normal vinyl so you will want more blade out and maybe a little more pressure. I cut it all the time.

Where do you buy it Jay? Is it on a roll or just sheets and does it have any backing? I would like to make some window clings but have never looked into it enough to find the products.

I have a roll of white that I bought from Sign Warehouse - it has a white paper backing and cuts like any other vinyl.

I also have a roll of clear that I got from StickerMan500 on eBay and it also cuts the same way.

I hadn't use the white at all since I got it, but this December I cut a few dozen snowflakes to decorate the windows at work and they stayed up great. I wasn't sure how well they would cling to a cold window, but not a single one came off without help.

Here's a question. I have a logo that doesn't look right unless it's on a white background. I always layer it red over white to make it pop. I have a customer wanting a static cling of that logo, but not sure what the best route to take is.Can you layer static with static? Should I layer it with adhesive vinyl? Doing that would leave sticky areas where pieces are removed, as well as around the entire image.

just layer regular vinyl on the static - I used to do usps ones that way

So if I put red vinyl over the top of static cling,it will still stay in place on the window? This is one, but I won't use the entire surrounding oval. I'll just do a shadow layer. All the detail in the hoof and mouth/eye area won't remain when applying it and/or removing it.

The easiest thing would be to print it of course. LOL

post-37957-0-33945800-1391275737_thumb.j

put the red regular vinyl on the white static cling so only the cling contacts the window   :huh:

Man this answered alot of questions I had also plus looks like it was a topic others were interested in too.