bigmax

Window decals

Hey everybody ! Had a guy stop me yesterday afternoon on the way to favorite "watering hole" just across the Ga. line nd asked if I would give him a price on making him about 30 3"x5" window decals saying.. DOES THAT OBAMA STICKER MAKE YOU FEEL STUPID ?  Told him I'd be happy to make them. This is a good example of how to use "scrap pieces. At $2 each, it's a good deal (for me anyway) 

why not?    You have a Graphtec.   bring the left roller over to the far right with the other roller.  I put 2 rollers side by side and cut on the main grit roller.  I used a piece today that was about 3" wide x 10" long and cut a 1.8" w x 8" lettering in 2 rows of text. 

• Like 1

so u dont have to cut inbetween the rollers?:huh: 

and sometimes even if i have a wide piece, but short, i get a NO MEDIA error.

I turned my media sensor and pinch roller sensor off DAY1.  I put my rollers side by side,  no space. 

You can also tape another piece of vinyl to the existing piece for length, for the rollers to end on.   You gotta learn tricks.

• Like 1

How do you do that??

Read your user manual.....  I'll let you screw it up.  LOL     I have done my Fc7000  and my son's  CE5000-60.. pretty ez.

• Like 2

I don't remember now but I tried it like mzskeeter and switched back because honestly alot of times I'm in too much of a hurry and w/o the sensors on I mess up and hit my strip. You can turn on expand which will give you more width w/o cutting too far but it won't help with the length issue. Taping to another larger pc. as mzskeeter suggests is the best of both worlds, cut small but not risk overshooting and messing up you cut strip.

I put tape over the back media sensors on all of our plotters just so I can take my material right to the edge.

It is a bummer when I measure wrong though and hit the cutting strip.

• Like 1

I put tape over the back media sensors on all of our plotters just so I can take my material right to the edge.

It is a bummer when I measure wrong though and hit the cutting strip.

Yes...That is another great reason I turned mine off. 

• Like 1

I cut on small scraps all the time with my SC. Im a cheap skate....i dont through nothing away. I have pieces I cut as small as a dog tag

• Like 1

GC - you will also notice that both rollers will work over the area where the media sensors are so a long narrow piece will work fine - i have bought 3.5-4" rolls of reflective from stickerman5000 and done that