Sign in to follow this  
jarrotto

Is this decal pricing fair?

I want to check and see what others would charge, who include there shop overhead in a quote.

I was asked to provide a quote for 100 qty decals in two sizes 8.5 x 4.5 relatively simple weeding, the same decal at 100 qty 6 x 2.25.

I would be using Oracal 651 white, rtape transfer tape.

i quoted 498 + sales tax for larger decal, and 382 + sales tax for the smaller decal.

The customer declined my estimate and said he could get them for $98 down the road.  When he originally asked for the quote he said he would do the weeding himself, i declined and explained that i only sell finished ready to apply decals, not cut vinyl film. 

• Like 1

I would of been around $4 each on the large and $3 on the small based on that qty.I'm thinking at the price he said somebody is going broke or they are wholesale printing.

Yeah thats what i was thinking too.  I thought about going down to start at four and three for both, but i am still trying to get all of my pricing set up.

I think for $98 dollars, that person may only be cutting the vinyl and handing it off to him for weeding.  Not something that i personally would agree to.

He has got to be going under even if he's just cutting. I just turned in a bid for 320 - 12x18 corrugated signs and stakes. $13 per sign and stake + tax and the guy jumped on it.

For $98 they will be out of business as soon as they dull the blade in their cutter because there won't be any profit left to replace it.

• Like 5

Could be fun to do once and see how he handles it afterwards with no app tape or knowing how to do it lol

• Like 4

I agree with Jaybird. I'll bet they were printed at that price.

I think for $98 dollars, that person may only be cutting the vinyl and handing it off to him for weeding.  Not something that i personally would agree to.

Although never my first choice, I've done that for a customer who was looking to save money.  It was super easy work for me to load the vinyl and press cut, then roll it in a tube in and ship it.

I just make sure to point out that if I screw up weeding and taping, then I remake it at no cost.  If they screw it up, then they have to pay me for a replacement.

• Like 1

I sent a cut only order to a member on here and by the time he got and the temp. change and humidity he couldn't weed it so I sent him 1 all done and won't make that mistake again.

• Like 1