Sign in to follow this  
DeepEllumGlass

Cast? Calendered? Can someone tell me

Since I'm so new at all this would someone be kind enough to tell me what is cast. What is calendared.

And others if I'm leaving some out.

Thank you, Robert

I would highly recommend that you go with a reflective yellow vinyl for the base stripe. 

I would highly recommend that you go with a reflective yellow vinyl for the base stripe. 
have fun with the rivets with that.

Good point, I forgot about rivets.

(It turns out he has smooth panels, however)

Edited by slice&dice

I'm not sure about other colors as I've only been working with white and black but both those colors reflect white in the dark with the light hitting it.  

Hell the black looks like it's white vinyl with the light hitting it.  

Will yellow oralite 5600 reflect yellow?    

Ok I'll order some 5600 yellow. I just thought too much reflective would be just that. Too much.

I ordered a seal it pen. Should I go around only the letters with it or all reflective?

Calendared is intermediate or lower quality for the most part, however many many many of us use a lot if Oracal 651. It is a nice product and super tough. In a nut shell, calendared is basically squirted out like a tube of toothpaste and then rolled out flat and thin. Once it gets to the specified thickness and cures they cut it into rolls and sell it. Eventually it has a tendency to try to return to its original shape and shrinks. Cast is mixed up like a thick paint and sprayed out onto a flat surface. Once it cures it is in its original shape so it doesn't want to shrink so much. Also more pliable and they use better grades of adhesive on the higher end casts.