jaybyrd

Price check - wall art

I just had a request for a wall art design 7' tall x 6' wide overall. I don't do wall art so I'm looking for some pricing input please.

$5.00 per square foot is a good starting point. Adjust for how complicated the design is. I just did a 60" x 44 inch, for 125.00 It was pretty detailed.

This is pretty easy, just 3 palm trees and I'm gonna match what they paid on etsy for the first 1 which was the wrong color (they are friends). Just looking for generalities because we've been getting asked more often lately.

Sounds pretty easy to weed and prep with tape...

Personally, I'd price that one on the lower end of the scale.

Sounds like around $110 to $135 to me but, where I make

my money is on the installation. Generally speaking,

I only sell wall art locally and keep the product price down.

That one would be a bear to ship in one piece.

It'll break down into 3 trees. I did it to help a friend and his wife plus I do all the signage at their church (he's the pastor) so I can make up some on the next sign or banner. I have avoided it because I always read about install nightmares and I don't want unhappy people coming back complaining about what I sell.

I understand completly about doing a great/inexpensive job this time and making up for it next time...

And though there isnt near the loyalty there once was in the marketplace, I believe the smart shopper

will come back to me for offering them a quality product at a fair price. And that's the Client I want.

• Like 1

We have a pretty good retention rate with customers. I lost 1 commercial customer this year that I know of and it had to be a money issue because I saw his trailer that he had lettered and it was just text in 1 color. Had he talked to me I would of tried to work within his budget but he decided to part ways instead. He's gonna have a problem with his logo though since I own it.

• Like 2

+1 on all that, Dakota... I have 2 clients I'm working with negotiating with right now on the ownership of their logo/ mascot.

+1 on all that, Dakota... I have 2 clients I'm working with negotiating with right now on the ownership of their logo/ mascot.

I'm interested to hear how that works out.

For me he had been a good customer for a long time so if he comes to me first I'll probably give him the rights but if he sneaks around he might as well start over for what I'm gonna want for it.

• Like 1

Hello,

I have had a vinyl cutter for years for pesonal use and have decided to buy a couple of more and go in business. I have a question related to this forum,When you design a logo for somebody else,even though you are using there information.Does that logo legally belong to you?? So if I make a decal design for a trucking company I am working with to letter 50 trucks using there information,The design of the logo I print will be mine to do with as I please?? Is this correct? I am completely stupid to copyright laws!! Thanks for the help!!

Robert

You own it unless you sell them the actual design and the graphics being reused for another company should be fine as long as it doesn't have any info attached that can go back to the other company, like name, # partial address, etc.