Sign in to follow this  
3barefoot

cutting cursive fonts

Is there anyway to stop it cutting where the letters connect?

Here is what I'm cutting and its cuts where the K meets the U, where the U meets the T and so on.

post-75189-0-09308100-1386517805_thumb.j

Yes, that can be accomplished be either "weld" or "union" on SCALP. To weld, Highlight your text, go to the right of the screen where the properties are, you will see "Weld" under the appearance tab, and check the box off.

To Union, highlight your text, go up to the top of the screen to where you'll see the PATH tab, then click "Union". 

Keep in mind once you "union" the text, you will no longer be able to edit the tracking, offset, skew, etc. So sometimes it is better to "Weld" the text where you'll still be able to fully edit the text.

One thing to remember bout doing a union, letters like "a" and "o" that have a center cut, remove the inner circles or you'll get a solid letter. Add it back in after performing and group.

One thing to remember bout doing a union, letters like "a" and "o" that have a center cut, remove the inner circles or you'll get a solid letter. Add it back in after performing and group.

Hmm. That should never happen unless you "ungroup" the text first, and then "union". You don't need to "ungroup" before you union. Just simply type your text, then "union".

Yes, that can be accomplished be either "weld" or "union" on SCALP. To weld, Highlight your text, go to the right of the screen where the properties are, you will see "Weld" under the appearance tab, and check the box off.

To Union, highlight your text, go up to the top of the screen to where you'll see the PATH tab, then click "Union". 

Keep in mind once you "union" the text, you will no longer be able to edit the tracking, offset, skew, etc. So sometimes it is better to "Weld" the text where you'll still be able to fully edit the text.

Ok when I type it in.. The weld box is not check... So I check it right??

Hmm. That should never happen unless you "ungroup" the text first, and then "union". You don't need to "ungroup" before you union. Just simply type your text, then "union".

All I know is everytime I union text that overlaps, it ends up being a solid image of the text. I then have to delete and redo, remove the centers, union and replace the centers.

All I know is everytime I union text that overlaps, it ends up being a solid image of the text. I then have to delete and redo, remove the centers, union and replace the centers.

In what program?

In what program?

Sculpt will do that when you union, it makes a bitmap out of it.