Sign in to follow this  
GraphxNMore

cheap entry level presses

Amazon.com has a couple now. A 24X16 that is $330 (over $900 off), and a 5 in 1 for $460 (over $1,000 off). I thought about getiing the 5  in 1. Still debating.. 

personally 2 thoughts - stay away from the 5-1 - a press that tries to do too much does non of it to full capacity.  second look for one with over the center pressure adjustment and not rear pressure adjustment that with a single tube handle are weaknesses.  A good heat press can usually be found on cl with search tempest in your area reasonably.  look for night, mighty, hotronix even hix . . . an older pro press will be more even heat than the new ones you see so cheap  just my 2c

I agree with Scott buy the best you can afford but the cheap ones do work and can make you the money to upgrade, just like value cutters do.

I have both the 5 in 1 from us cutter and the 15x15 from uscutter.   I use them everyday and have never had a problem with them and think if your looking for a lower price press they are the way to go

I know this is a bit off, but last week I went up to a local ice rink to drop off decals for a hockey team from Canada, during a tournament. And there were a couple guys up there selling t-shirts with the tournament logo screen printed on the front and they were offering custom lettering on the back. They were using a MH series cutter and a cheap t-shirt press (I didn't see the name). Point is, they were using bottom of the barrel equipment and if I had to guess, I would say they walked out of there with no less than 7k. I say start with what will give you the best value for what you can pay, and upgrade when it's necessary and possible. My 2 cents.

• Like 2