bossman696

Lease vs. Purchase

Have you contacted signcut yet? I imagine they can fix you up pretty quick.

I have, on several fronts. But if their response is anything like the last couple of answers I received from them, it will be weeks before I get an answer.

I guess like most places there start out great but as time goes on...

Man Im jealous after seeing the boxed pic lol. Congrats on the Graphtec. Oh and Greenstar I found out is best used for pretty packing tape.

• Like 1

I guess like most places there start out great but as time goes on...

I went through a few more "official" channels, so hopefully I will get an answer much sooner!  I saw on their Facebook page they had drivers for the CE6000 line and they even show up in the new beta program I downloaded, but the software just won't see the cutter.  Hopefully it is something simple I am over looking, but it is still very frustrating.  We will get it together soon.

After reading a few earlier posts from new graphtec users upgrading from value cutter, I am experiencing the same frustrations.  The graphtec almost seemed limited in its ability to do certain things, but I see now that just comes from its advancements.  My main issue to start were the pinch roller sensors.  I hated not being able to cut farther out to the edge.  Now it appears I turn those off.  We will see.  I plan on sitting through those videos on the DVD today and see if I can get a better understanding of everything.

Man Im jealous after seeing the boxed pic lol. Congrats on the Graphtec. Oh and Greenstar I found out is best used for pretty packing tape.

I'm starting to agree with you when considering running smaller decals on this stuff.  I ran 50 - 15 x 22 signs with little to no trouble weeding on my 24" SC, but can't get the graphtec to run that same job with similar results. I know it will just be dialing in the settings.  This cutter stuff is "cutting" (see what I did there?) into my entertainment time.  I have had the new Batman and Battlefield 4 games sitting on my desk for two weeks and haven't even gotten a chance to open them!

I told you not to get involved.

Back on page 2

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/42357-lease-vs-purchase/?p=331789

And you agreed.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/42357-lease-vs-purchase/?p=332255

I find it interesting that jaybird had posted "It may not boost sales but it eliminates most of the cutter related issues people have thereby freeing up that time to work on other things ..."

and yet, here we are on Page 6 with you remarking "This cutter stuff is (taking away) from my entertainment time. I have had the new Batman and Battlefield 4 games sitting on my desk for two weeks and haven't even gotten a chance to open them!"

(because the Graphtec is causing you problems that require your full attention)

Anyway, best of luck.

At some point you'll be OK.

I went through a few more "official" channels, so hopefully I will get an answer much sooner!  I saw on their Facebook page they had drivers for the CE6000 line and they even show up in the new beta program I downloaded, but the software just won't see the cutter.  Hopefully it is something simple I am over looking, but it is still very frustrating.  We will get it together soon.

After reading a few earlier posts from new graphtec users upgrading from value cutter, I am experiencing the same frustrations.  The graphtec almost seemed limited in its ability to do certain things, but I see now that just comes from its advancements.  My main issue to start were the pinch roller sensors.  I hated not being able to cut farther out to the edge.  Now it appears I turn those off.  We will see.  I plan on sitting through those videos on the DVD today and see if I can get a better understanding of everything.

I'm starting to agree with you when considering running smaller decals on this stuff.  I ran 50 - 15 x 22 signs with little to no trouble weeding on my 24" SC, but can't get the graphtec to run that same job with similar results. I know it will just be dialing in the settings.  This cutter stuff is "cutting" (see what I did there?) into my entertainment time.  I have had the new Batman and Battlefield 4 games sitting on my desk for two weeks and haven't even gotten a chance to open them!

what is the problem you are having with the graphtec doing the job?

Limited? What is limited about your Graphtec? I turned the media sensor and the pinch roller sensor off from the git go. I can put the blade right next to the edge of the vinyl and can cut full width. And the best tracking ever; I can put the the; 2 pinch rollers to the far right side by side and cut a piece of vinyl the width of those rollers, precise.; There is a screw behind that you can undo and slide that pinch roller. ; What do you feel is limited?

The speed is constant ,same speed.; Not going from slow, then flying to the next node at the other end. Like my Seiki used to do. Force is constant. The only thing I ever change is the force, if going to a chrome vinyl, which is the only other vinyl I use.&; And I change speed, for smaller details. That's it.; So in simple terms, I don't have to tinker with my cutter,; I load the vinyl, pre feed and cut. That's it. And my jobs are perfect.; I do not have to adjust my blade per order.

I told you not to get involved.

Back on page 2

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/42357-lease-vs-purchase/?p=331789

And you agreed.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/42357-lease-vs-purchase/?p=332255

I find it interesting that jaybird had posted "It may not boost sales but it eliminates most of the cutter related issues people have thereby freeing up that time to work on other things ..."

and yet, here we are on Page 6 with you remarking "This cutter stuff is (taking away) from my entertainment time. I have had the new Batman and Battlefield 4 games sitting on my desk for two weeks and haven't even gotten a chance to open them!"

(because the Graphtec is causing you problems that require your full attention)

Anyway, best of luck.

At some point you'll be OK.

I don't follow - he opened the graphtec 2-3 days ago so how is that causing the 2 week hold up  those that have never experienced the difference will never understand.   how is the sale of your business going?  Last I remember you had a buyer lined up

give his  a few more days to get used to things being different and I bet he will be happy happy happy.  once we find where the difficulties are I am sure we can get it dialed in!  Oh and once he uses some oracal LOL

• Like 3

I don't follow - he opened the graphtec 2-3 days ago so how is that causing the 2 week hold up  those that have never experienced the difference will never understand.   how is the sale of your business going?  Last I remember you had a buyer lined up

give his  a few more days to get used to things being different and I bet he will be happy happy happy.  once we find where the difficulties are I am sure we can get it dialed in!  Oh and once he uses some oracal LOL

Just for clarification… I love the quality of the graphtec!  I said I felt it was limited because it was not readily apparent how to overcome the issues I was having.  The pinch rollers for example.  Now that I know I can turn those off, that issue is solved.  The machines do the same things, just in different ways.  The Graphtec's cut quality is leaps and bounds above what I was getting with the 24" SC Cutter.  I have done direct comparisons, and there were details that showed up on the Graphtec that I didn't even realize I was missing.  If I was still using the SC, would that work for the customer? Sure it would.  But why not give them that detail if you can.

The only real issues I am having now is getting my OLD SignCut software to work with the cutter.  If I use the included cutting master software, it works just fine.  

As far as my cutter issues and entertainment, that was only referring to the last few days.  The other week was from being so darn busy with t-shirts and other vinyl projects, which is a good reason to not be able to play.  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

I really like the cutting master.

Since it is for a graphtec only, every setting works for the graphtec.

It is something to get used to. Us old guys hate new stuff. (until we figure it out.)

Never used signcut, so can't say anything about it.

• Like 1

I really like the cutting master.

Since it is for a graphtec only, every setting works for the graphtec.

It is something to get used to. Us old guys hate new stuff. (until we figure it out.)

Never used signcut, so can't say anything about it.

That is all it amounts to, not wanting to learn something new.  But you know, what?  It's time to bite the bullet and dive in.  I will be setting conditions and blade settings in no time!

• Like 3

1 thing to consider is the manual for a graphtec is written in a language that can be read w/o knowing some chinese. The manual for my qe60+ is around 200 pages and whenever I've had an issue the answer was in there and clearly spelled out.

Some people you could give a bar of gold to and they'd say the color wasn't right. Guess you just can't please some people.

• Like 1

we will check back in  a month and see if bossman will keep his value cutter for a backup and still use it or just sell it because of the reliability and ease of the new machine.   the values are a good starting point to see if it is something you have the talent for and enjoy doing but for a business in the long run the pro cutters take a lot of the "stress" out of the equation.  I have friends that still use a value cutter after many many years and are happy but never seen anyone that tried the pro cutters that wanted to go back.  Heck I am one of the very few that went from a 54" printer to a 30" and an happy - so everyone has different wants and things that make them happy.

I kept my value machine and use it all the time for contour cutting magnets now. Rather kill it than abuse my graphtec ;D

• Like 1

I kept my value machine and use it all the time for contour cutting magnets now. Rather kill it than abuse my graphtec ;D

I may keep mine for t-shirt vinyl.  I'm not convinced that two pinch rollers are enough to keep that stuff from moving and stretching causing in complete cuts.  This was a major problem when I first started and I was using 3 pinch rollers then.  I was only able to solve the issue by adding a forth pinch roller.  With the graphtec, I'm two pinch rollers down.  Maybe that down draft (slight vacuum) will be enough to help hold it?

is anyone else cutting a lot of heat transfer vinyl with their graphtec's?  I use CAD CUT Premium Plus exclusively.  Great stuff and it feels just like screen printing.

Run about 10 yds. of 15" siser a week through the graphtec and it never bunches like my other cutters did. I added a third roller to me LP1 for that same reason so I understand your concerns

I just ran a small sheet of black so the pinch rollers were pretty close together so it wasn't a great test, but it worked well.  I did notice the same thing I normally see when cutting the thinner heat transfer sheets and that is incomplete cuts on some of the letters.  I need to look into the settings a bit more.  Seems like I read somewhere you could set it to "over cut" the start and end point of letters?:huh:

Anybody have any idea what I'm talking about, I'm not sure I do anymore?

Depends on the software. I have overcut set in flexi and SCALP.

I just ran a small sheet of black so the pinch rollers were pretty close together so it wasn't a great test, but it worked well.  I did notice the same thing I normally see when cutting the thinner heat transfer sheets and that is incomplete cuts on some of the letters.  I need to look into the settings a bit more.  Seems like I read somewhere you could set it to "over cut" the start and end point of letters? :huh:

Anybody have any idea what I'm talking about, I'm not sure I do anymore?

I have never had that with my graphtec - never had to use the overcut . . .strange.   your offset is set to 0 also right?

I have never had that with my graphtec - never had to use the overcut . . .strange.   your offset is set to 0 also right?

Yes, offset is set to 0.  It may just be the material itself.  I noticed on some colors, the material is not as stretchy as the black for instance and it cuts perfect every time!  Black is a nightmare unless I have a super sharp blade.

Yes, offset is set to 0.  It may just be the material itself.  I noticed on some colors, the material is not as stretchy as the black for instance and it cuts perfect every time!  Black is a nightmare unless I have a super sharp blade.

although the factory graphtec blades are the closest I've seen - when it's time try a 60 degree cleancut in that bad boy