Sign in to follow this  
mabscotthandyman

Base jumpers

This was going on this weekend here 876 feet from the bridge to the water. People come from all over the world just to jump off the bridge. This is about 15 minutes from my house. For years this was the.longest singel arch bridge in th

e world.

It seems like they wait forever to pull their chutes.  

How many hit the water?   I figure with all those flips and spins 1 or 2 lose their bearings.

Dan, if you ever see me go off that bridge please call the sheriff. I was pushed.

• Like 1

Is this where they might also do nekkid bungee jumping?

Take the time to watch this one! It is hilarious!!
Don't Bungee Jump Naked
It IS clean...and hysterical! This lady is a 6 '2" comedian for
seniors... She calls her
husband "left brain" just so you will
know who she's talking about...
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=L1_W0LCHwK4

Cal

They actualy bungee jump and repel from there just not naked lol. That bridge opened in 1977 and they have had the bridge day since there are around a 100,000 visitors per bridge day. there have bee a few suicides over the years one stands out to me a man jumped off holding his dog...poor dog.

Dan, if you ever see me go off that bridge please call the sheriff. I was pushed.

Jay I dont like walking on it with all those people and there would be no way i would jump off a prefectly good bridge.

• Like 1

Never understood that craziness. I think there may be a mental defect involved.

It seems like they wait forever to pull their chutes.  

How many hit the water?   I figure with all those flips aSeveral hit nd spins 1 or 2 lose their bearings.

several hit the water they have boats patroling to grab the ones that take a dunk. Several has gotten killed from chutes not deploying or late deployment last year or year before a gentelman got killed that was in his upper 70s he had base jumped all over the world and likes the New River Gorge Bridge the best. There was an 82 year old jumped this year and a guy in a wheelchair him and the chair and had one of the best landings rolling onto the shore. There are all kinds of safety people ambulances, police, national park service rangers and bears in the air. The only year that the event has been canceled was 2001 after concerns of a terriorist attacks.

This year was a little over a hundred thousand visitors. I dont belive I would want to jump though. It is beautiful in the southern area of the state the whole state for that matter. We have a lot to offer for outdoor people and plenty beautiful scenery for sight seeing.