Sign in to follow this  
smallon733

Help with this logo

What programs are you using? Be better for you to find out how its done for the future. For fonts I use whatthefont.com a lot. That acorn leaf I would just trace in corul by using the clip art trace or if not a good enough outcome, Id just manual trace it. Thats a really simple image for that.

Just out of curiosity, is the company unable to provide you with the original digital graphic file?

Maybe there's a way to have an .eps sent to you.

I haven't received useable artwork from a company yet. Even when they manage to send a vector it is usually overlapping layers designed for print that ends up requiring a to of redraw anyways. I normally don't even ask anymore because of the crap they send.

• Like 1

I haven't received useable artwork from a company yet. Even when they manage to send a vector it is usually overlapping layers designed for print that ends up requiring a to of redraw anyways. I normally don't even ask anymore because of the crap they send.

I did the design for the backside of the Zombie Fest shirts displaying all of the sponsors - I outsourced them to a local guy, who is also on the committee, to screen print them.

I didn't get one usable logo, every one needed to be cleaned up, vectorized and/or converted into a single color design.  Almost every single one of them.  Even when I showed them examples of how it would look (white ink on black shirts) and told them I needed as large and clean of a version as they could manage.

I was able to find a couple of them on Brands of the World, but only for the bigger name brands...   Fourteen working hours and three rounds of proof review to get it done...

I'm not 100% thrilled with it, but they wanted every logo as big as possible - I would have liked a little more space between them...

post-24492-0-57892900-1381089761_thumb.p

I've been doing sponsor banners for booster clubs for 5 years now and I feel lucky if they give me a business card and say they want it just like that. Most times it's a crude drawing on scrap paper or a super duper tiny scan of their letterhead.