Koda

Text lines

Hello guys not new to vinyls but new to scalp3 software version 3.052. I have been trying to get my mh871-mk2 to not cut lines across my fonts. It looks reminiscent of our kids handwriting tablets line. I've tried serial cable, USB & 2 different computers. No dice so far. Any help would be appreciated, I've taken pics and will try to upload them, if not ill have to send them to someone to upload.

Thanks in advance

Have you activated the Scalp software?  You must or it will cut lines in your project.  

If that is not the problem, let us know.

Ok didn't know I needed to activate the software. Is it capable of being activated with out Internet as the only Internet I have is on my phone? That could very well be my issue, just had never ran across an issue like this.

Thanks

It must be activated or it will be in demo mode. And cut lines across your project.  I would assume you have to be online.  There is no other way you can update your software either. 

Ok didn't know I needed to activate the software. Is it capable of being activated with out Internet as the only Internet I have is on my phone? That could very well be my issue, just had never ran across an issue like this. Thanks

You can activate it with out the PC being online. I think it's under the HELP menu under register. Then it is manuel register I believe. Doing it this way will get you running but you will not get software updates.

• Like 1

Thanks skeeter I appreciate it. I retreated to taking my son to the bowling alley before I decided to dismantle the cutter lol. I will try this as soon as I make it home. Again I greatly appreciate the prompt help you have provided.

A huge thanks to mzskeeter on helping me out on this so fast. Registration complete finally!! Very painstaking, could definitely be practice for a locksmith job. Too late to try it out, I know I'd be up all night trying it out if it works. I'll post an update tomorrow after work if this is a yay or nay situation. Again thanks to all who assisted me so fast.

F3151C9B-4E52-43B6-A704-734B3801F914-120

First run out was a success after I set my blade a slight bit deeper.... Pretty much had to hand cut the "Koda" part. Would have just cut another one but rather than waste it may make me pay more attention next time. Again thanks to you for helping. I'm sure ill be back in with more questions about this software. Thanks again

here is how you set the blade depth from the git go. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 1

A7BB92D9-6A09-40A6-8997-B8099CF3E376-248

Thanks again, first time out in a long time was a success.... Now I'm back to the drawing board on trying to remember how to resize pics