motoxchic

5500 Reflective...this could get expensive. Help!

I have done this twice now.

Graphtec 6000  CB09U blade, 60 deg, Speed 5, Pressure 19

Oracal 5500 (Oralite) 5 mil reflective

This is my first shot at this material, test cut was fine, keeps bumping  (in the same spot).

post-29312-0-95546800-1379138656_thumb.j

ok nevermind....rollers were still set too close together from previous cut.  I HATE when I do that.  :angry:  *head smack*

I'm not familiar with SignCut Pro, but in the Cutting Master 2 screen it shows exactly how it should look when cut and can read the roller spacings and show you if your design will fit before you cut...

I have that software...I have just not had the time to learn it yet. CM2 is on my list of things to do.  I get weird stop errors, etc with SCP, but for now I can cut quickly and for the most part it works pretty good.  I was so worried about cutting this new material, I just spaced the rollers, lol. 

Make sure your not pulling the roll either. That stuff is probably pretty heavy. Pre feed a bunch of vinyl off the roll before you start cutting. 

How well does it weed? I have some 3M reflective I cut with a 60 degree blade, pressure at 100 (SC series) and speed all the way down. Was still like tearin g duct tape. LOL

worked great after getting my rollers straight.  On the Graphtec I used the built in Reflective Setting, Force 19, Speed 5, 60 deg blade...regular holder (I didnt have the right blade for the red holder).  I know the SC is pretty different as far as settings go, that is what i had last year.  It weeded great.  Oh and I think I pushed the blade out a little more than my 2-3 mil stuff.