Sign in to follow this  
jaybyrd

price?

I've done a couple of these jobs now and I'm still not set on pricing. Each wheel had (10) 1/4" x 13" strips for a total of 40. Love to hear some prices so I can see how close I am.

photobucket-6161-1379092614748_zps86e078

Really need someone with similar experience to chime in on price. I think I may need to charge more but not sure

How long / how complicated is this installation job?

The actual vinyl material comes out to be 2.5" x 13" per tire and using standard calculations equals $7.75 each

(L+W/2)

Thirty bucks for the stripes, and depending on the time & energy doing the install, maybe another thirty?

Where are you on price?

I came it at $40 on these but the club this guy belongs to does a lot of work with us. Last ones I got $50 for a customer off the street and these typically take 1/2 hour to 45 minutes to install.

Are you installing these on or off the car? What material are you using that is going to hold up to road elements and brake dust? Basically your only getting $1 a stripe, installed, if im understanding correctly. Seems a bit low. Are you having to clean any chrome polish off?

Sad thing is I saw this on your FB, didnt understand it, saw it here and still didnt till all of a sudden I saw it. I thought you were doing backing plates at first then thought filling in the spots between "spokes" then finally saw the thin stripes lol

These are done with 651 and I have a set out that I did last year that still look as good as when applied. I had a hell of a time getting an angle to take the picture where the chrome didn't make the green disappear. The cleaning was just a wipe down with app. fluid since they didn't really have any wax buildup and the $40 on these was about $10 below what I have been averaging but these guys have been burning through some money with me between club logos, car tags, shirts, etc. Done on the car which would have been easier if I were 15 years younger but not horribly hard. I was thinking I need to be more in the $60 range or does that still seem low for this job? It took 15" off a 24" wide roll. There are guy around here who will do them in paint for around $100 which I think is nuts but that's what I'm competing with.

I was thinking more around $75 myself, mainly due to installing on the car. Im not as young and nimble as I once was either. But like you said, their big return customers so Sometimes you have to take the bite a little.

I was thinking more around $75 myself, mainly due to installing on the car. Im not as young and nimble as I once was either. But like you said, their big return customers so Sometimes you have to take the bite a little.

Wait till your in your mid 60s things that once was so simple is nowa task like throwing around a 32 ft heavy duty ladder kicks my a.. Now. Most higher work I do off a lift to save my legs running up an down ladders.

• Like 2

I used to be able to walk a 40' aluminum ladder fully extended when roofing and painting eaves up north. Now my 24' fiberglass gets lowered before I change positions. On the wheels I think this is one of those jobs only worth doing for established customers where I can spread the cost onto their other projects. And thanks for taking the time to tell me what y'all think.

Jay