Sign in to follow this  
xpaperman

Y'all are EXPENSIVE friends

Thanks for all the answers on sublimation that I have asked here and there.  Plus, all the great pics posted of sublimation products.  That being said, I called Conde today and ya'll have cost me a bunch of money.

I couldn't take it anymore and ordered the ricoh and a bunch of stuff to play with.  So much in fact they threw in samples of other stuff they thought I would like.... just like a crack dealer.  "the first ones free"......

I did not want to spend that much up front at first but, wth, Christmas is coming.....

I few free samples not to some of my "better customers" (you know the ones that show and brag to all their friends who in turn have to have one too!) and I should make my money back in no time.

Guess I better get caught up on the vinyl side so I will have free time to play when it gets here.....

(I hate you guys) :lol:

Out of all the stuff I do dyesub is the most addictive due to all the different things out there to work with.

Yep.. i started in dye sub about 5 months ago..

and my start up cost was like $1600

Printer, Nice Swing away Heat press, and about $400 in blank's..

and like you said.. i ordered so much they started giving me stuff for free..

i got like $75 in free paper / blanks / ..

I have been having a hard time doing a sales pitch in dye sub.. I know there is so much you can do

and telling people is weird.. you have to show them product to get them hooked so  i been trying to think

of idea's what to make just to show people what I'm talking about once you get the product in there hand and

tell them all the pro's to doing it this way they get it .. but it's hard to just tell them what it is..

I LOVE DYE SUB   I just wish i could do more of it   and get the hang of it .. right now i buy 2 of each blank i sell to make sure i can do it right..

i have had ALOT turn out bad :(

I love dye sub, but it's hard to let people know ALL the different things you can do.  Someone from the Zombie Fest committee today just posted in our Facebook group - OMG, I JUST FOUND SOMEONE WHO CAN PRINT CUSTOM DOG TAGS FOR US!!!  WE ONLY HAVE TO ORDER A MINIMUM OF 24 at $5 EACH!!!

I was like, "Hello? I can do custom dog tags for less and I don't have a minimum... and mine includes a 30" chain (vs. their 24" chain) and a jump ring (vs. them just threading the chain through the hole in the tag) and I can have them for you same day without S&H... Didn't you ever check my website?"

Their response, "yeah, don't you do like t-shirts and stuff?"...

post-24492-0-78270500-1379037499_thumb.j

Oh, and welcome aboard - it's like owning a boat or a plane - you'll just keep throwing money at it...

I love dye sub, but it's hard to let people know ALL the different things you can do.  Someone from the Zombie Fest committee today just posted in our Facebook group - OMG, I JUST FOUND SOMEONE WHO CAN PRINT CUSTOM DOG TAGS FOR US!!!  WE ONLY HAVE TO ORDER A MINIMUM OF 24 at $5 EACH!!!

I was like, "Hello? I can do custom dog tags for less and I don't have a minimum... and mine includes a 30" chain (vs. their 24" chain) and a jump ring (vs. them just threading the chain through the hole in the tag) and I can have them for you same day without S&H... Didn't you ever check my website?"

Their response, "yeah, don't you do like t-shirts and stuff?"...

Oh, and welcome aboard - it's like owning a boat or a plane - you'll just keep throwing money at it...

That's to funny.  I get the same thing .. .. people think i only do vinyl graphix's and i do  Dye Sub, Screen Printing, Vinyl Graphics.. and sand blasting and much more  

I get the orders and figure out the best way to do it .. even if i have never done it lolI ha

I had a guy call me and asked if i can spray numbers on a curb with spray paint once lol

OWJones what is your website?

www.ottumwadecal.com, which is just a shortcut to my Facebook page...

Another great thing about doing dye sub (or any kind of printing) vs. just cutting is that you have access to so many cool fonts that you would never want to have to try and weed...

• Like 2

The one thing I hear most with dye sub is "you can put my pictures on that?" Followed by how much and how long to get it done.