Sign in to follow this  
GOODM4N

New to the cutter scene

Hello all i am new to the cuttet scene, i juat bought myself a mh 871 i will starting my new hobby in a frw hours when it shows up, if anyone has any suggestions for a new fella please dont hesitate to give your ideas and opinions thanks everyone

Welcome and howdy from Texas!  You will find the answer to practically any question you can imagine right here on this forum!  My suggestion is read all you can, use the search function because most all newbie questions have been asked and answered over and over.  If you get stuck, just ask, someone will be willing to help.

Welcome from Michigan.  be sure to read the new bie manual under instructional contributions.  like paperman said the seach box is your friend  

Hello...I just got my MH series as well a couple weeks ago....

A few things that I have learned off the bat...

#1...Make sure you ground your machine to the stand if you are using a stand...

#2...Use a serial connection if possible, if not get a USB - Serial converter...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000VYJRY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#3...If you create your vectors in Adobe Illistrator, and use Sure Cuts a Lot Pro 3...Before cutting...chose the cut by color tab and check to see if there is more than 1 line being cut. Sometimes with AI, it adds a white path to it...Not a big issue...just click on the blade icon to hide it and it will only cut the path once instead of twice...Even if your not using AI, its still a good practice to make sure...Saves time and the potential of something else going wrong.

#4...Be patient and prepared to waste some vinyl as you test your blade depth and pressure/speed ratios...

#5...Beware of logo's with small/thin parts..When weeding/transfering its very easy to accidently rip those off because they take extra care when pulling off excess vinyl.

#6...Get creative and have fun...Remember when you buy large rolls of vinyl...it is relatively cheap...so dont get overly upset if you waste a few feet here and there...

• Like 3

Hello and Welcome to a great forum with a great group of people.

to cut stick flock, what should the cut speed be and what should the cut press be set to.

I have the MH Mk2, with SCAL and sticky flock paper and press tape ready to do a rhinestone template.

Thanks,

Jess