Sign in to follow this  
jaybyrd

Car wash

Anybody want to volunteer with a bucket of soapy water?

photobucket-2466-1377795998249_zpsbc06af

photobucket-904-1377795975016_zps8f399bf

4 months under the oak tree have not been kind to my paint job.

Ford Pinto wagon

1978_ford_pinto_squirred_001.jpg?w=460&h

1979 vintage.

The dirt is the only thing holding it together.

Only 1 rust spot on the whole car at the bottom of the d.s. fender. I had it in my garage trying to find the time to prep it for fresh paint since the white enamel I shot it with isn't holding up well but it got put outside til I get a little more time to work on it. The Jeep puked an idler pulley and fan belt on the way home last night so I had to pull the Pinto out of cold storage for a couple days. Any votes for keeping it white and reapplying the graphics or other suggestions? It'll probably be early November before I get it back into the shop to finish it up.

love it   have the upgade hubcaps in the top of my garage - was on my pinto less than a year - same ones used on the mustangs of the time

Oh man Id love to have that car lol

It could be yours... if the price is right  ;D  

love it   have the upgade hubcaps in the top of my garage - was on my pinto less than a year - same ones used on the mustangs of the time

I think I'm gonna upgrade to 15's and look for some wheels from a fox body Mustang. This is the second 79 wagon I've had and did the same with the last 1. Thinking about swapping the original 4 cyl. for a fuel injected Ranger 2.3 for a little more pep.

We would when I was younger would jerk the 4 banger out and throw a 302 block in with a 3/4 cam and 4 speed hurst mystery shifter, headers, set of 60's on front and 50's on rear, race anything that had wheels from VW to skate boards-didnt matter till I got busted for WILLFUL WANTON RECKLESS DRIVING and DESRESPECT TO A LAW OFFICER...miss racing up and down Kingsley ave, was a 2 mile straight run, at 9-11PM it was dead but good to meet up and do a burn-out, wake up the old folks...

Petro, last 1 had a 400 modified and C6 with an early Maverick 8" rearend. This time I think civilized is in order.

I can't afford the gas, that's why I'm thinking this 1 needs to stay 4 cyl. but if I stumble across one or the turbocharged T-Birds that would make an interesting 4 cyl. swap. I'm glad you're so far away cause I bet we'd get each other in trouble.

I like it we had two otnip wagons back in the day. I always liked the crusing wagon and the sedan delivery. That would be a great ride to do a custom paint and wheels upgrade then a nice wrap or half wrap it would definatly get attention. When we had those gas was probably 70 cents a gallon so milage was not a great concern. But they were handy and my wife loved them they both had the 2300 engines and ran fair for what they were.

We would when I was younger would jerk the 4 banger out and throw a 302 block in with a 3/4 cam and 4 speed hurst mystery shifter, headers, set of 60's on front and 50's on rear, race anything that had wheels from VW to skate boards-didnt matter till I got busted for WILLFUL WANTON RECKLESS DRIVING and DESRESPECT TO A LAW OFFICER...miss racing up and down Kingsley ave, was a 2 mile straight run, at 9-11PM it was dead but good to meet up and do a burn-out, wake up the old folks...
i understand, when I started at the prison and found out drag racing could get you fired, I quickly calmed down. Now back 25 years ago cringing would get you days off but drag racing fired never made seance . . . But it didn't have to as there was no questioning the work rules. Personally I think back then it was that way because if drinking was friable they wouldn't have had enough people to work. Now they want to get rid of the workers so they fire them for DUI.

Dan, I would love to get a set of the panels that replace the side window but they are few and far between. Not to mention most people who want to sell a set think they are made of gold. BTW this one has the 2300 too which is why I was thinking about an injected Ranger motor, the motor would be a bolt in just need to address the wiring and high pressure fuel pump.

Dan, I would love to get a set of the panels that replace the side window but they are few and far between. Not to mention most people who want to sell a set think they are made of gold. BTW this one has the 2300 too which is why I was thinking about an injected Ranger motor, the motor would be a bolt in just need to address the wiring and high pressure fuel pump.

I could not imagine a carborater on a car any more, or a rotor with points those were the days when you could keep your old ford rinning with just a little knowledge and a cresent wrench hell you have to be a expert to find the damn motor.

• Like 2

I've got an 05 Nissan Sentra in the garage right now putting a motor in it and it makes me fond of the older cars but the flip side is the new stuff never requires as much maintenance to keep them going. I have a 68 CJ5 in the garage that I'm going through for myself right now. Old school points, 1 barrel carb. and all around drum brakes. In case you can't tell I love the older stuff.

By the time they ship it's almost $300 but I did ask about the porthole glass and am  waiting for a response. Good find Dan.

Wonder where you could get the portholes for them?

Unless you wanted the crusier look I would fill with metal finish and make a delivery. I had a 79 e150 van with ports and when I lettered it I removed the ports poped in metal over the holes and bondoed in before I had the van painted you could not even see the area where the ports were

Tough call between sedan delivery and custom cruiser. Last time I looked for these was probably 4 years ago when I Had my other wagon and every set I saw was 5 bills.

Want to keep it true to the 70's custom look which is how I chose the 3 color graphic I did on it when I painted it last time.

They were fun little buggers to drive my wife would try and hot rod them she loved going through the gears...... Maybe that is the reason the first one started smoking lol

My first started with the 2300 and the 4 speed. Manual steering and manual brakes and at first I just added some 50 series 15's and it would get rubber in 2 gears. That thing was a blast to drive, then came the V8 and I think it changed the feel of the car. This time I want to keep it 4 cyl. and not disrupt the feel of the car.

• Like 1