Sign in to follow this  
Bigdaddy0707

Please help logo design

Hi my name is ED and im having a terrible time coming up with a one or two color logo for my painting and remodeling company, I have no artistic talent what so ever and between me and my wife trying to come up with something its gonna end in a divorce lol..I have a trailer, truck and van that i want to letter. After getting many bids to have this done at a shop for the price they wanted I figured I can buy all the equipment and due it myself. So I went out and bought a used but very new roland gx-24 and some vinyle and a heat press. I have been able to make my 5 kids some shirts that came out very nice but this logo thing is kicking my butt.Can anyone help me make a kick butt logo that can be cut.  

TORNGA CONSTRUCTION

PAINTING & REMODELING

708-935-8326

OR WE ALSO GO BY TC SERVICES

Whipped up something real quick for you.  Probably not the best but it's free and on my lunch break.

I'll upload them in a second.

The first little guy is cute, but what's that thing he has sticking up in front there? Is that a pickle in his pocket?

He's just a happy little fella. The poor guy in #3 has no eyes so at least he can't see the guy next to him.

After getting many bids to have this done at a shop for the price they wanted...

I figured I can buy all the equipment and due it myself....

this logo thing is kicking my butt...

And this is exactly the reason that people charge money for doing this - I can go buy all the woodworking tools in the world, but that doesn't mean I can create a beautiful piece of furniture (and Lord knows I have tried!).  There is a lot of skill and talent that goes into this line of work, and that's what you're paying for.

I have a lot of knowledge in this field, and a modicum of skill, but I'm still lacking in a talent and still working to improve my creativity and design skills, and I've been cutting vinyl for 18 months now...

I'm not posting this to belittle you in any way, I'm just pointing to other people interested in jumping into this arena, it's not just about owning the tools and software, there is a lot of learning and skill that goes into being a sign maker/decal cutter/sticker maker/whatever you want to call your job...

• Like 3

Well I've beenn designing logos and identities for over a decade, and I'm only scratching the surface. Some days I feel like Rembrandt other days I want to smash my laptop with a hammer.

• Like 1

OW JONES boy are you wrong. I help out friends all the time when they need construction help I even supply them with all my tools and my labor when i can. In todays world its all about helping people out and saving friends money when you can. I never ever worried about them learning my trade or giving them my secrets to help them complete there goals around there house, becuse if it was not for me they would of never been able to due it themselves or have the extra money to pay some one to complete there jobs. I am in no way shape or form ever gonna due this as a job or side job just a new hobby. Just like the people I help out. I promise im not worried about them taking my job.. :rolleyes:

It would be like me estimating a bedroom repaint job for you and charging you 600.00 and you saying forget that and going to homedepot and buying all your supplies for 75.00 and doing it yourself. I say go for it Im not gonna get mad. We all can't pay for professional services all the time if we did we would all be broke... FYI I also purchased this set-up for a job I have at warehouse job I have coming up that has 70 aisles that they wanted numbered how much easier is it to print these and put them up then using stencils and painting them on.

It would be like me estimating a bedroom repaint job for you and charging you 600.00 and you saying forget that and going to homedepot and buying all your supplies for 75.00 and doing it yourself. I say go for it Im not gonna get mad. We all can't pay for professional services all the time if we did we would all be broke... FYI I also purchased this set-up for a job I have at warehouse job I have coming up that has 70 aisles that they wanted numbered how much easier is it to print these and put them up then using stencils and painting them on.

The difference is that nearly everyone *can* paint a room a solid color without needing to learn a whole lot.  What if you want a realistic faux finish?  What if you want a mural?  Those require skill and talent and experience and that costs money.

As you've figured out, not everyone *can* design a logo from scratch.  Having that skill is what allows people to charge what they do.

• Like 1

... FYI I also purchased this set-up for a job I have at warehouse job I have coming up that has 70 aisles that they wanted numbered how much easier is it to print these and put them up than using stencils and painting them on.

You are not printing.

You're cutting.

By the way, there is a program available from Staples called Summitsoft Logo Design Studio Pro.

$30.

Over 2,000 Customizable logo Templates so you can create a customized look and logo to fit any industry or interest.

• Like 1