Sign in to follow this  
mactube

Vinyl Material for T-Shirt and Sticker Cuts

Hi everybody,

I'm ready for my first order of Materials . I want to heat press T-Shirts and cut stickers and I'm looking for the best vinlys . Any suggestions? 

oracal 651, 751 and siser easyweed 

I have to agree, I also like thermoflex for T shirts.

• Like 2

I have to ask how in the world do you weed thermoflex? After you cut it you can't even see the lines to cut it off the roll.

• Like 2

I have to ask how in the world do you weed thermoflex? After you cut it you can't even see the lines to cut it off the roll.

Agreed.  I didn't think it even cut the material.  Made me love my easy weed even more.

I solved this problem with a setting in signblazer on how far to advance your job after it is done cutting.  It automatically advances the project to just past the "trim channel" on my cheapo cutter.  I don't even have to look!  I just take my knife and run it down the channel.... perfection everytime!

Grab a corner and pull. What more do you need? I have had new employees in here first day that never weeded before weeding thermoflex with ease. 

I prefer it over easyweed both are great, it seems thermoflex weeds easier for me.

Grab a corner and pull. What more do you need? I have had new employees in here first day that never weeded before weeding thermoflex with ease. 

Your designs must be very basic with no centers for the grab a corner to work. I usually have pcs. 1/8" or smaller to weed out and grabbing a corner doesn't help me find them. I'm not trying to come off as smartass just curious if I'm missing something here.

I have to agree, I also like thermoflex for T shirts.

Start at a corner and pull. If you rub it with a rag, the lines are slightly earier to see.

I think easy weed does weed easier, but normally use thermoflex as I can get it in town and don't have to ship. I keep 20+ on hand. Good luck

Unless you have an order I wouldn't go all crazy ordering a bunch of stock. The likelihood of having the right color for the job will be low. I made that mistake when I started up too and still have several 10yd rolls of vinyl I just assumed I would be using for something. For shirts you are absolutely safe getting Black and White. If you have a school nearby that you anticipate making misc for t-shirts I stock the school colors and consequently have grabbed a LOT of work for parents and kids that want a quick shirt or a name on their sweatshirt etc. Over time as I have done misc work I have accumulated a lot more t-shirt vinyl colors and usually charge any large job with a full roll and then can make great coin on the one-at-a-time shirts when they come along by using the leftovers. 

I prefer Siser Easyweed products. They have a lower app temperature and I like having the carrier with some stickiness that helps keep it in place when pressing and if you accidentally pull up something you shouldn't you have a chance of getting it to stick back down.