NickiZ

Heat press vinyl help please

After pressing a vinyl design and removing the carrier I see that there was a small amount of vinyl on the edge of the carrier that didn't get removed.  I'm assuming I'm screwed but is there any way of salvaging this shirt?  Bright pink shirt - black vinyl - 4X.  Ugh!

I don't want that black line that was on the edge of the carrier sheet - shouldn't have been there but somehow I missed weeding it.

oops I thought you had more to go down - might try repressing and picking that part - some have had success but I never have.

Sometimes you cane repress and pick off while hot and on rare occasions you can take a pc. of white construction paper lay it over the mistake and repress and immediately peel back the paper. I have saved a few accidents like that but sometimes you just gotta start over. .

I've been able to pull small pieces of HT vinyl off the material with a sharp pointed pair of tweezers. Just take your time doing it.

I had this problem on first batch of shirts I did months ago. Repress shirt and while it is warm turn it inside out and use a cotton ball or Qtip and isopropyl rubbing alcohol directly applying to the part you want to peel away. It might take a few times but it will come off and it will feel weird at first but it doesnt leave any residue. Hope it works for you too.

I use Acetone. I believe it was about $1.50 for a large bottle at the Dollar store. Look at the % acetone. I use 100%, but you can buy it as weak as 70%. Good luck!!!

• Like 1

I use Acetone. I believe it was about $1.50 for a large bottle at the Dollar store. Look at the % acetone. I use 100%, but you can buy it as weak as 70%. Good luck!!!

This all the way. Pour it on, wait about 5 min, graphics will pucker then pull off. If you pull off to soon you will leave behind the residue which will be near impossible to get off, Patience is key. 

being that red dyes arent known for being always colorfast I will be curious to see if this changes the bright pink shirt in that area

I can get some really fine lines off the shirt but half the time its not worth the time so I just toss the shirt into my "Sleeves to be removed and now is a workout shirt" pile... Its frustrating but youll get really good, or I should say paranoid, to the point you wont do it much after awhile!

Sorry but no pink work shirts here. Definitely a cleaning rag at the shop if it were me.

• Like 1

Use straight acetone. Using things like nail polish remover that have all the additives I would not think would get good results. I have used this on every color of shirt from white, red, blue and every blend from 100 poly to 100 cotton. Never had any issue. 

• Like 2

methylene chloride, from stahls works great

https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/methylenechloride/

http://www.stahls.com/lettering-remover-solvent

I didn't know anyone had started selling it since t-saver went out of business - read the osha warnings first - works great but make sure you know the dangers