Sign in to follow this  
WHIT72

How would you approach this?

Has anyone ever approached different forums about providing vinyl graphics for there members? (Not this one of course)

Is this even possible?  I was wondering because I belong to a few forums and it seems members are always looking for decal to put on their car or a t-shirt or something.

I guess I could just ask the moderators but was wondering has anyone ever been succesful at this and what was their strategy?

Thanks.

I actually sell shirts on facebook kinda like that.  When people post sayings with comments like "this is so me" or " oh this is so and so" etc. I usually just add the comment "I can put that on a shirt or koozie"  sometimes just the slymention of it  in passing gets a sale or 10   :ph34r:

1 forum I'm on frequently doesn't allow advertising of any kind but 1 offer to pm about a decal has got me 3 so far without complaint. I have never seen another forum that flat out prohibits advertising even sponsor ads. All is run through member donations.

I sell on several forums its ok to casually mention that you make/sell decals, shirts etc but don't push it and keep it low key. You can contact the owner of the forum and ask them about it. I usually give a kickback to the forum owner on a % of sales using their logo. This helps them offset the costs of the forum and keeps me in good graces with them. On many forums I am now a 'supporting vendor' and can freely advertise my products.

I actually sell shirts on facebook kinda like that.  When people post sayings with comments like "this is so me" or " oh this is so and so" etc. I usually just add the comment "I can put that on a shirt or koozie"  sometimes just the slymention of it  in passing gets a sale or 10   :ph34r:

Hmm... maybe I should make this shirt...

post-24492-0-40856200-1375728242_thumb.p

I swear to God, I am about to make me some shirts that say almost that.  Some will say "I make custom shirts" with my info on the back and some will say "I make signs and banners"!!

I contacted a few and I have heard back from one.

So we'll see how it goes.

I've been a long time member of another forum. Rite around the time I bough a cutter another member started posting about their new cutter and what they could do with it. A ton of people requested their user name or something similar to put on their trucks. I chimed in but didn't get anywhere, everyone was on the other guys team  :-[

I swear to God, I am about to make me some shirts that say almost that.  Some will say "I make custom shirts" with my info on the back and some will say "I make signs and banners"!!

On most of my business shirts on the back it just says "Custom Tshirts"

With the phone number or website. Gets a lot of hits. Its like a sign that says Free Beer to me and my friends

• Like 1

I hear you Ted, one way I found to combat that is to do it better then the other guy.