Sign in to follow this  
security802

In My back-yard

That is AWESOME! I have always dreamed of having my own pond and it WILL happen someday. Oh yes, some day she will be mine. 

• Like 1

Oh and it's stocked with trout too

And Mosquitos and black flies. Do you have issue with insects having the pond?

Nice, fishing in the summer and hockey in the winter. Perfect!

• Like 2

Here in California the county has a Mosquito Abatement Team that drive jeeps around looking for ponds and stagnant water. They have a bag full of tricks to get rid of pesky mosquitoes including pesticides but for pools, ponds and places that are not safe to use poison that drop in small fish that eat the mosquitoes.  

Here in California the county has a Mosquito Abatement Team that drive jeeps around looking for ponds and stagnant water. They have a bag full of tricks to get rid of pesky mosquitoes including pesticides but for pools, ponds and places that are not safe to use poison that drop in small fish that eat the mosquitoes.  

I saw a special on tv about the fish thing a while back and thought it was pretty cool no toxins or bad chemicals in the water.

And Mosquitos and black flies. Do you have issue with insects having the pond?

I have more issues with the stream next to the house then we do with the pond.

Yeah with the stocked trout I think that is what keeps down the bugs

I can remember being on the small lakes when I lived in NY and the black flies would carry you away, down here the mosquitoes work for the red cross accepting blood donations.

• Like 1

I can remember being on the small lakes when I lived in NY and the black flies would carry you away, down here the mosquitoes work for the red cross accepting blood donations.

This year it's horse flies here, they are brutal