Sign in to follow this  
xJoey Dubsx

Silver reflective... Any out there?

Anyone know a good but fairly reasonably priced reflective silver? Need to find a 24"x10 yard roll of silver reflective for a job. Thanks!

Good, Reasonably Priced, or Reflective - you can pick any two - you can't get all three in one.   Good reflective vinyls are expensive and cheap reflective vinyls aren't good.

If you can prove me wrong, please let me know, 'cause I'll buy some!

• Like 2

How long does it need to hold up outdoors? 2 years? 5 years? 7 years? Oracal has several different grades of reflective and are priced according to outdoor longevity.

Well I am open to each, as I will pass on pricing to customer but I can't find silver anywhere..

Which have you found have silver from Oracal?

Don't know if it matters but oracal white looks gray/silver. Definitely doesn't look white.

Don't know if it matters but oracal white looks gray/silver. Definitely doesn't look white.

Yeah, I went through my Oracal color guide and I don't see a silver anywhere in the Reflective section, but the white is pretty close to silver, definitely looks more like silver than it does white.

That's my issue, only seeing "white".. I want to be sure, I'll have to thumb through my oracal book as well.

I got a sample 3M reflective silver. It's like cutting duct tape. #beware 

I'm taking it to a shop in town to see if he can cut it. I have to pull it apart and the intricate logo I'm working with, that's an impossibility. 

I use 3m quite a bit and never had issues with it. Just increase blade depth, up the pressure and slow down the cut.