Sign in to follow this  
jaybyrd

shoot 1 shirt

E L I tend to agree with you about the kids carrying the AR's around I have seen it a bunch on youtube but on the other had if they are not violating the law being stopped for carrying is harassment. I believe the best way around that would have been for lawmakers to make a notation about long guns and their presence in populated areas. When I was younger I may have been 1 of the kids pushing the boundaries but more than likely would of been a tactical prepped 12 gauge.

Actually the open carry (Is my understanding) pertains to handguns only but most PD don't push the issue with the ones with long guns because they know they are trying to bait em for video purposes. Up here in Maine you can't lean on the hood of a vehicle to shoot or it's considered concealed. The only way is handgun and you have to have a cc permit

My life would be easier with the occasional sheriff patrol but every time I ask I hear how thin resources are but I drive down the highway and can spot deputy after deputy writing traffic tickets. Guess my tax dollars aren't good enough to warrant a police presence. Where I grew up there was a lot of drinking and general rough characters but yeah a fist fight in the parking lot resolved most issues w/o weapons or police being called. But from what my relatives tell me crack has made it to the little town I grew up in and now violent crime rate is skyrocketing there. What was once an inner city problem is slowly making it's way into every corner of America and the violent crime soon follows. OW I'll be looking into a 4 cam dvr setup in the next week or so, just waiting to collect on a pile of invoices for the past 2 weeks.

My sister is living in Maine, small world.

Really small world, she's living in Bangor. She was born in Lincoln and I can remember visiting my mother there before my sister was born, hard to forget the smell of a paper mill and they lived  right across the street from it. Reminded me of rotten broccoli

HAHA more like rotten eggs. I live 1/2 hour outside of Bangor but work in Bangor for my full time job

From what I remember of Maine 1/2 hour away from major city is middle of nowhere. But it's been almost 21 years since I've visited.

From what I remember of Maine 1/2 hour away from major city is middle of nowhere. But it's been almost 21 years since I've visited.

So true

Concealed carry badges are always a bad idea.. I love PA bc of the gun laws here. There is not a single day I do not carry. We can carry openly without a permit as long as you don't get into/or on a vehicle of any kind or go into a city of the first degree (Philly is the only city of the first degree in PA) I carry concealed most times but open carry 2 to 3 times a week as well. A noticeable presence of a civilian carrying a gun can thwart off crime before it happens. Open carry vs concealed is topic of its own but I do both. I also just made up some sign a couple weeks ago for a couple stores in town that basically said the carrying of guns is encouraged on these premises for your protection - criminals beware. I had a guy come up on my back deck and break my sliding glass doors into my kitchen about 2 months ago, he met me, my dog and my S&W MP9. Amazing how fast the cops show up when your wife calls 911 and says you are holding someone at gun point. We had 2 cruisers here in about 2 minutes... PA laws says I could have shot him bc he came in the house but then I would have had a mess to clean up lol..

Blood tends to stain the floor. Around here I could call and report the body and still wait 30-45 minutes for the police, that's a long time to point a gun at somebody might just be easier to shoot them. I was researching some of the legal stuff and was surprised how many states have adopted some form of open carry I just happen to be in 1 of the 5 who haven't done so yet. Once I get my permit back I can cc except churches, medical facilities, schools, gov't and public buildings along w/ a couple other places but I can carry from when I leave my house til I get home at night including in my car. Without cc permit I can open carry in my business and on my property and can carry in my glovebox, center console or trunk and it does not have to be locked. I get in my Jeep in the morning put my pistol in the center console and when I get to the store I take it inside and back on my belt it goes. But w/o the cc permit I'm unarmed outside of these locations and watching the local news I am not comfortable with that at all.

I wouldn't be either.. The only place we cant carry is schools and government building or places with a posted sign specifying the own of the property doesn't allow it. I carry into my local court house on regular basis and check my gun with the deputy at the door. Lately there seems to be more companies posting no firearms allowed signs so a few local companies in my area have countered them with the signs I make stating they encourage the legal carry of firearms. The more people that carry the safer our neighbor hoods will be.. I wrote a research paper for one of my CJ classes on "Gun Laws and their Effect on Violent Crime." Some of the facts actually surprised me. Women that carry can have a HUGE impact on decreasing violent crime (13% decrease). Here is one of the signs I make for the local companies. I charge for supplies only on this one.

Guns_Allowed_Sign.eps

I can only think of 3 places that have the no weapons sticker posted, guess that's an advantage of living in the gun loving south. They say criminals look for easy targets so if more people carry maybe all the criminals will go to NY where the governor has nearly banned guns making it fair game for the criminals.

I have a lot of family in NY and some are even cops. I have no idea why they stay there.. well cops in NY are paid very well... but besides that even though they are allowed to carry anywhere in the country they themselves cant stand NY laws. I frequently am asked (when I open carry), why do you carry a gun? My response; because I would rather have it to save your life as well as mine, but also pray to god that I will never need it. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and wish you had it.

• Like 1

Things in society are changing all around us and most of it is not for the better but compared to Mexico we've got it made. No beheadings or mass kidnappings and drug cartel violence at that level. And just think all this in a country that has all but totally outlawed private gun ownership. You can see how well that worked out.

• Like 1

In Wisconsin, where my Brother lives, if a business has a sign prohibiting a weapon, then the owner assumes all responsibility for your safety and welfare, while inside or on the premises! I wonder if it is like that in all states? Personally, I happen to think that open carry should be the law of the land, but who am I?

• Like 1

You get my vote and I'm in 1 of 5 states that don't have some form of open carry. Hopefully they'll get their heads out of their butts and change it next legislative session. Business aren't responsible here with or w/o the sign but fortunately very few places ban weapons here. Bad for business to tell a southern boy he can't have his gun.