Sign in to follow this  
jaybyrd

outline

Had somebody burglarize my garage earlier today and it got me thinking about a shirt

post-40404-0-46898400-1370054494_thumb.j

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your incident... I got hit 2 and 1/2 years ago.

Fortunately they only made off with about $2500 worth of merchandise that was fairly easy to replace.

Maybe the chalk outline is something we ought to paint on the sidewalk in front of our house?

If I had got there sooner I could have used them to make the outline. My neighbor called me at the store and I did 90-100 all the way home. Took sheriff 2 hours to get there but on a good note my neighbor was able to ID 1 of them so hopefully justice will be served. So far I know at least $700 worth of tools are gone but may be worse once I really start looking.

For me, Computers, Camcorder, and 1 gun stolen... easy stuff to fence. Had all serial #'s and info but Cops never turned up a thing.

And for the back...

post-40404-0-95056600-1370056839_thumb.j

All Snap On tools so far. All of my neighbors are related so I was shocked when they gave a name cause he's related to them, /I let his aunt know to tell him it would be in his best interest to turn himself in before I catch up with him.

• Like 2

The reward would be the safety of the jail cell. If I caught him in the shop he'd still be in the shop. I HATE A THIEF!!!!!!

• Like 3

Nothing worse than a thief hate them and I mean hate. Ahte the worse when they turn out to family friends. Ex friend stole a watch my grandma gave me when I was 12 it was worth 500.

I had a 'friend' that stole an LC Smith 12 guage from me in the late 70's. Hadn't been hit since then til the incident in 2010.

There are a whole bunch of unprincipled, moral-less souls wandering this planet.

The world we live in today is not the world most of us grew up in. Passed my concealed carry class today so if all is well I'll have my ccw license in 90 days. Did I mention I hate a thief...

This year got my ccw and passport - big year for me LOL

Had a ccw at work for years but never had a personal one

Another local instructor offers the Utah ccw class which is honored in 13 states more than the South Carolina permit but for now I'll be happy when the state accepts my application for here. Just had a report on the news earlier this week of a man in the closest city to me shot and killed an intruder, Turns out the intruder was on parole (go figure) and already had warrants for another B&E. This citizens saved the taxpayers some dollars and for that I salute him.

• Like 1

I have a sign in my garage that I made from vinyl on wood - This house protected by the good Lord and a gun, You will meet both if you come in unwelcome. It has a pic of a gun cutout on it. I guess I could post it. but with my new phone I only know how to get the pic from phone to facebook. :rolleyes:  Anyone know how to operate the iphone and get a pic straight to here?

• Like 1

Carefully avoiding the iphone but have had CHP (same as your ccw, here in Va) for a few years.

There's not a huge acceptance of sc permit with other states but the permit you get fromUtah for taking their required training covers a lot more territory. Utah permit is definitely on my to do list. I don't travel often but it's nice to know when I do that I'll be protected.

Jay..... (advice from retired insurance broker 30 years)

Wait at least 14 days before submitting the list of stolen items......

Because

As you go through your next few days...  there will be things you will NOT find....
you have NOT misplaced them... they were stolen....
And it will take time to notice the scope of the loss

Only submit the list when you are relatively certain you have discovered
the entire loss.....

Insurance adjusters hate supplemental loss submissions