Sign in to follow this  
SurberSigns

My US cutter is messing up -___-

i have no clue what my plotter is doing, but a lttle bit ago today it started messing up and making weird noises. its cutting all funny and crooked i have nooo clue what to do....... i took a short video clip of it. it doesnt look like the wheels are off track or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv_XIK8qniQ&list=UUk34ZV8YzEFCDhh2p8uo8hQ&index=1

really cant tell anything from that video except you have a bright future in cheap slasher films

• Like 1

are you using a serial connection?  have you restarted the computer and cutter after a complete power down?  what software are you using?  Why are you not pre feeding the vinyl instead of making it pull from the roll (this doesn't have anything to do with your current problem but will affect accuracy)

was this after you had run it on the cheap generator or inverter you discussed earlier?

just for grins try another usb cable - you will probably end up calling support on this one - could be a board but you want ot go thru as many options before you call them so you can say you tried them

Although I am new here, I would offer that your blade is need of change, and perhaps the offset needs adjusted. But, I don't know!!! That is where I would start!

Although I am new here, I would offer that your blade is need of change, and perhaps the offset needs adjusted. But, I don't know!!! That is where I would start!

curious why you would think offset?

i put a brand new blade in and it didnt solve anything. they sent me a mother board. hopefully this fixes things.... they said im just out of my warranty so they were not even suppose to do this.

i got it about 3 months ago.

have any power surges lately - static issues?   that is the 2 main reasons for the mb failures

My $0.02 ----  the grit roller could be loose on the spindle.

There are a few set-screws that require an allen wrench to tighten them.

My $0.02 ----  the grit roller could be loose on the spindle.

There are a few set-screws that require an allen wrench to tighten them.

actually you might have just hit it  I remember another one doing that now that you said it 

We can only hope that's the issue -- since it's a simple fix.

The grinding noise gave me the clue.

This forum has the best unofficial techs anywhere for china cutters. The real techs should be required to study the knowledge available here. Every time I call their support I few like they lead me in circles.

• Like 1