MadHatterGraphix

Sublimation Printers.

Most of us use transfers like jet pro soft stretch (jpss) for whites and the 3g for colors. Haven't tried the chromablast products yet so I can't say on them. For single color design I still prefer siser

jpss for the 50/50's - no sublimation there.  the other pricy option is chromoblast

Thanks for all the help and knowledge

Jpss I like, and the dark jet opaque for darks with pigment ink. Unlike most though I can do DTG but that's 5000 and up used.

So I picked up cartridges for my printer last night and the stupid thing tells me cartridges are empty. called store and they are going to replace em. However the more I read online, the more I am leaning towards the printer is broken. So looking at an epson wide format inkjet at staples. Is it any good?

http://www.staples.com/Epson-WorkForce-WF-7510-Wide-Format-All-in-One-Printer/product_444814

Never buy a demo or store display because they put the cartridges in and let them sit. They are always clogged and almost impossible to unclog, also check epson's site I bought 2 WF1100's direct from them on sale for less than anybody local.

Well I wouldn't by a store demo however I would have had them power it up to see if it turns on, and to make sure it prints. They want a sale they will do this... I love my epsons they need a little more attention than HP but they are sooooo much better.. I have an Epson WF 7510 wide format the biggest paper it takes is 13X19 glad I got the printer thanks to family. You can do so much with this printer. So yes get a Epson wide format printer.

Jay bird have you ever used the rolls of 13"x10' JPSS?

One other point to keep in mind is that high-temp ink goes bad - it has a shelf life of about 1 year.  I bought a used Epson WF1100 from a forum member (as mentioned earlier) and it came with a set of 5 4-oz bottles of generic ink that I've been slowly using up, but I've noticed recently that my colors weren't as good as I remembered them being.

I just called Cobra Ink to order some ink from them and was weighing the cost benefits of one size bottle vs. another when she reminded me that it goes bad after a year and I shouldn't buy more than I think I'll use.  Doh... I've had that printer for nearly a year (since last June) and have no idea how old the ink was when I got it, which probably explains why my colors were shifting.

Also, by buying from Cobra Ink, I can now use their color profiles to further improve my color matching - yay!

I recently bought some blank poker chips and dog tags from Conde and I have some ideas in mind for what I'm going to do with them when the new ink arrives...

• Like 1

Haven't bought the rolls yet, I need to upgrade printers first but it's in the near future I hope.

I've got some car flags and that would allow me a much larger print area but w/o the larger printer to go with it it's not much good to me.

So I picked up cartridges for my printer last night and the stupid thing tells me cartridges are empty. called store and they are going to replace em. However the more I read online, the more I am leaning towards the printer is broken. So looking at an epson wide format inkjet at staples. Is it any good?

http://www.staples.com/Epson-WorkForce-WF-7510-Wide-Format-All-in-One-Printer/product_444814

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&sku=C11CB59201-N

Just successfully upgraded my WF1100 to use a CIS system filled with Cobra Ink high temp inks.  I had zero problems with the inks, but the CIS was one I ordered off of ebay and it didn't include instructions - there was a video in the auction listing, but apparently it's for a different, but similar printer and it's supposed to be hooked up the other way around. Sso after stressing out over why it wouldn't work that way, I searched on YouTube for a video showing someone installing a system in an Epson WF1100 and suddenly it all made sense.  I got it all filled and hooked up and then discovered that the lid wouldn't close and I didn't want to follow the advice I found online of "Fold up a piece of paper and jam it into the slot the lid fits into to hold the pressure switch down and trick the printer into thinking it's closed" and broke out my Ryobia rotary tool and cut a wide notch in the printer case and a corresponding one in the lid to leave room for the tubing to fit through and still close.  And voila, it's all working and all closed up nice and neat.

Time to start working on those custom poker chips and dog tags!

Or you could have got some sticky felt circles and used them instead of the paper. Learned that from cobra, I haven't CIS my WF7510 yet but getting close to doing so.

I'm also considering adding a waste ink tank - I found a video online of how to add one using a baby food jar and a length of 1/8" ID plastic tubing...

Just to add, I believe Bill(Mr. 300) posted some time back a download that would make the epson go into a self print as the Ricoh does, may have been wiped out with the changeover last year though. I let my WF1100 sit too long and the lines clogged up,Cobra also sells a clog buster for their print heads too.Thanks for all the info. on dye sub. printers as I also have had t oturn away business and am looking into this.  J 

I do sun with my epson 7510. I just also brought 2 epson pro print 17" 4800 and a 4000. i use a ink from craiglist with no profile just adobe 1998.This is one of my mugs with no profile used

post-42519-0-83634800-1389946185_thumb.j