Sign in to follow this  
petroman2012

Wives??...I was told to come up with a magnetic sign for..

She went to get me some smokes and a couple of folks on whatever-kind of cycles saw the bumper vinyl I put on last week saying " Ask me about my vinyl wall art and decals", well they wanted to know if "we" made or created vinyl graphics for helmets, of course she pops off YES..Gives'em our business car and brings my smokes....Now I have been told to make a magnetic sign ..Soooo...What yall think..It was done on short notice from the ole lady..

post-36467-0-73806800-1366601162_thumb.j

• Like 1

Awesome idea. I was asked to make some stencils for painting a helmet a while back but the guy backed out. These and the graphics for the motorcycles as well should be good sellers. A friend of mine keeps asking for me to do his bike but I haven't done it yet.

Now if I could just get the right hand to follow the left....Thank you..I threw that together to get her off my back..My tooth has been hell this past 5 days and right now since coming in off the road I am hurtin....

I could be wrong but isn't altering a helmet with paint or decal render them not safe anymore by the Department of Transportation and then your insurance can be a pain in the ass about it? 

Or is this only in Canada or maybe i'm completely out to lunch.

Good work by they way

Never heard that but may be true. I know guys who airbrush helmets all the time and never heard that mentioned.

Jay

Duhhh...Got me...I did a custom paint job on one when I dabbled in diecast 1/12th size cars and had access to paints,polyureth clear coats and such, put a skull on it and clear coated it a half dozen coats and didnt see anythin adverse...I would think if I stapled or glued a object on top that might draw attention, I will look or get the wife to look into it  in days to come..Thank you for bring it up, I would not have given it a thought...Look at ya later..

Here in California helmets have to be DOT approved and if a Highway patrol officer checks and doesn't find the DOT label you will get a ticket. 

Helmets are there so you have a place to put your stickers, aren't they

I love you JAY..NOT...I think you nailed to the door...Stickers...To all that have replied on and about the safety issue I respect your input but I dont see an issue unless the helmet is or has reflective material that works such at nite time riding or such, the construction of a helmet has already been done, it is supposed to if not stop the cracking of ones skull-lets hope they do, I havent been on a bike in some 30 yrs, KAW 750 in texas where they had a open yes/no helmet law, good if you do, no problem if you dont back then 72-74, that 750 scared the hell outta me but thats then...common sense says unless someone is either in a space shuttle on the nose end wearing a helmet will the vinyl decal cause any deflection of direction of travel, if someone is traveling 200-400 mph and one of my racing strippes or skull vinyl "stickers" happen to peel or cause a deflection of directional steering I will replace that vinyl piece FREE of charge..Now..There I give that warranty but again it falls into the grey area of HI SPEED VELOCITY versus the stick'em on the back of the vinyl so make sure you order INTERMED when ordering my vinyl cuttings so you have the 200-400 mph warranty

The real concern I would have is with painting helmets due to the solvents in paint possibly weakening the structure of the helmet. And before anybody busts on me I have never heard them called helmet "decals". Stickers should be the appropriate terminology in this case.