Sign in to follow this  
petroman2012

Focus has gone to sh__

I know I am not the only son to have lost his dad but after 2 yrs and some months I still have not come to terms with my dad being gone, everytime I go to garage to work, I cant..I just dont have it in me cause all I see is my father...We seldom saw eye to eye, i didnt follow what he says was the "way to happeiness", just simply have lost it...it's already crossed my mind to sell everything and just sit on the sofa and stare at the cable box....I am not wussin out just dont deal with this very well, my wife lost her mom 10yrs and she still cries at times and I used to tell her I didnt know what one should feel since my dad was alive and kickin..Well, I still am un-sure about what I am supposed to feel or do with this feeling of emptyness and find that desire I used to have any given moment, nothing ever got me down till.....So much reminds me of my dad,,,

All of us have someone that we think of a lot that has passed - it is natural and they will always be with you guiding your way thru life.  It is those that made us who we are today that I think we remember the most - even today I had to think of what my grandparents that helped raise me would do in the tough situation that my wife and I are going thru - not life and death but definately a tough patch in life as things are being thrown at us left and right.  I look to the things they tought me to get thru this time - they inspire up and keep us going.  Hang in there, remember the great things he tought you, the things you might have learned from mistakes he might have made and the strenth and support he offered you.

• Like 1

My Father passed in 1973 and my mother in 1995 and there is not a day passes that something they said or done doesn't come to mind in my daily life . It wasn't until I was older that I realized the sacrifices they made to make sure us kids had all we needed . Life in the rural Appalachain Mountains was really hard during the 1950s everything we had was mostly scraped from our farm by hard work and perseverance . We enjoyed exactly one modern convenience that was electricity our water came from a spring carried in our bathroom was down a path out back I guess that is where the name outhouse cane from lol . Our food was grown or raised for the most part but we always had what we needed ( maybe not exactly what we wanted but every basic need ) and as a child we did not realise how long or hard they worked to take care of us . To say we was poor is an understatement financially but we were rich in family bond and love . And that is where my memories live . The feeling of loss never leaves completely but does ease with time and you cannot let it consume you turn to the ones still with you and give them that extra time or a good wish or just a simple I love you .

Dan

• Like 2

I just lost my Dad in dec 2012 I know what your feeling buddy but you have to get up and carry on, thats what he would want you to do!  Hope things get better for you and your family

Brian

Know that he would WANT you to carry on.  Make him proud and know that he is still with you in spirit.  

When my daughter died, I was sleeping all day and couldn't do much of anything, I was so depressed. I finally went to the doctor, he sent me to a therapist,and it took some time but I finally got past it. That is my advice to you.

• Like 2

Go to the Funeral home that handled the funeral for you and ask to get into a grief counseling program that they offer. Most of them have them these days.

I have several instances of this happening lately but about my grandfather. He has been gone since 2005 and I never forget the kind man who taught me right from wrong, along with having a great time with him. He served in WWII as a SSTG worked on tanks, jeeps and as he liked to say anything that moved that wasn't human or animal.. Monday I was sitting at my computer working on a beer t-shirt I'm making and started thinking he probably would be proud of me, I got into computer graphics somewhat, I started to learn film making, producing and editing, Along with Apparel decoration and now signs/ decals. I stopped working on the beer t-shirt and starting making an Army pinup girls type t-shirt in his honor. I finished it and waiting for my jpss paper to print it on. I understand exactly how you feel but I use my emotions to create something to remember him. Some do decals I do t-shirts. Maybe that's what you should do make something specifically about him wear it in honor or show it off in honor heck maybe even go to his resting places and leave it for him. Seems you need closure with your dad.