moparmanheat1

Considering a Part Time Business/Hobby

Hello All,

My son and i are considering a Hobby/Part time Graphics Business for my son mainly. We are interested in doing Vehicle Vinyl Graphics,Signs,Decals,Bumper Stickers,Banners etc. He nor I have any experience. But, we both have a Great interest in this type of business and we both are very artistic. Is there money to be made? We have been considering the vehicle vinyl package? We would like advice from the experienced in the business and your opinions on how we should approach this venture..We have thought about after we get some experience maybe setting up at our local flea markets?

Thanks in Advance

" Is there money to be made? "

This is a labor-intensive type of work.

Depends what your time is worth.

• Like 1

How saturated your area/market is with competitors matters alot . Also the type customers you intend to attract . If your overhead is controlled , you can make good money as the materials don't cost much . The wear & tear on the cutters is minimal & they are inexpensive to buy & maintain . Many people say " buy what you can afford " .. Me , I say " buy what you can justify " . Really , I think anybody could buy most anything they want if they want to make the commitment .

• Like 1

like roger said it depends on where you are located and the local market . . . earth is a very big place.  first place to start would be to get familiar with working with vector graphics - it will be a different world for you - for a taste download signblazer or inkscape - both free and a great way to learn to use the type of graphics needed.