Sign in to follow this  
xpaperman

Corel and fonts

I have 2 computers.  On is a laptop and one is a desktop.  I bought the desktop to use only for vinyl.  I have corel draw3, signblazer and microsoft office installed on both computers running windows 7.  When I use corel on the laptop and use text, my options are huge.  On the desktop the options are very limited.  It is like the desktop is not accessing the microsoft office fonts.  

To be more accurate, for example, I want to use Cooper Black.  I can go into signblazer and use it, but I don't have the option in Corel when using the desktop.  I have access to it via laptop.  Is there a setting or something I am missing to allow corel on my desktop to have access to all the fonts on my computer?  Thanks in advance for any info.

(side note, I have just installed microsoft office but did not reboot the computer..... not sure if that matters.,.....)

I can't speak for ms office but if the fonts you use in signblazer are signblazer fonts they are stored in a seperate file on your hard drive and the only way to access them in corel is to copy and paste from sbe font file to system font file.

Jay

I have thought of that but I did not do that on the laptop.  They are all just there in every program.  Like all the programs are reading fonts from the same folder.

I have just noticed I do have a version of print master on the laptop and not the desktop.  I wonder if that program had and dumped all the fonts on the laptop for me? That could be the Scooby Doo mystery van pulling up in the driveway now.......LOL

I have just noticed I do have a version of print master on the laptop and not the desktop.  I wonder if that program had and dumped all the fonts on the laptop for me? That could be the Scooby Doo mystery van pulling up in the driveway now.......LOL

That is probably the answer you're looking for...

If you thinking having fonts go missing between PCs is weird - try having them disappear between apps on the same machine!  If I worked in one app (say Illustrator or Xara) and then moved over to Corel Draw X3, several of the fonts I used wouldn't show up in the font list.

I found out that most Open Type Fonts (*.otf vs. True Type Font's *.ttf) don't show up in Corel Draw X3 for some reason - I found a free online font converter and have converted almost all of my OTF fonts to TTF format to get them to show up in all of my apps...

• Like 1