gcextreme

new here need help on purchase

As I recall it uses an allen wrench (which should be included) or a phillips head screwdriver (not included), to assemble the stand.  The screws that hold the cutter to the stand have large plastic heads so they can be put in with your fingers.

Created it in illustrator then cut in signblazer..but I have to use the copam driver

It cut fine i think..i think i have the blade depth set fine...i just need to work on the pressure settings...

Also is there anywhere i can buy a dust cover for the cutter??

Im going to order some more blades too...any suggestions?

Whats the best way to transport the cutter and stuff safely?

I have a booth at my chapters bike show in april and want to set it up there.

I did get a cheap dell laptop too...using that ....$80 from a local pc store...

I got the graphtec software and signblazer installed on it...gotta get my illustrator on it later..

I have a cover or the graphtec for 24.00  - on bladees - call ross and get the orum discount on the 60 degree cleancuts - I go thru about 1 a year  clancutblade.com

Whats the best way to transport the cutter and stuff safely? I have a booth at my chapters bike show in april and want to set it up there.

This is an interesting topic, I decided to start a new thread about it.

MOBILE CUTTING SET-UP and TRANSPORT

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/39799-mobile-cutting-shows-booths/?p=304341

Thanks...

---------------------

i have a bike show April 13th.. and want to bring my cutter to cut some stuff at the show and sell...

we just had our bike chapter's monthly meeting... and alot of my fellow riders are very interested in some stuff....

im not sure what other local events i could go to...but for now our bike show is going to be my number one priority...

what really sucks is... i know alot of them will want some harley davidson stuff....and it being copyright is an issue..

but i will be able to do alot of other basic motorcycles stuff i can do.....

keep in mind that Harley is probably the hardest on cw - they send people to shows and swap meets to look for stuff.  persaonlly I think they must pay a reward from what I have seen.  I have steered clear of it after reading a bunch about it.  heck they even go after people that use thier shield with other words in them!

Yes, I even read here in the forum, that someone had a relative that is Harley legal, that goes to shows,looking for Harley copyrights,  that his appearance would not even give you the impression that he is a legal representative of Harley....  . So just guessing,  I would say he looked like a hard core biker dude.. You have no clue who all goes to those shows, just by appearance, doing under cover work...

Hey guys...im in the hospital now....possible appendix issues...goin for a ct scan soon

that no fun bud get well soon so ya can get back to cutting.. u can text me if u want while u wait 

ohhh that is so bad timing  - hopefully they will find it is something not as serious - get better soon

well i last nite i had a CT scan... my appendix was fine...but they wanted to do an ultrasound to check my gallbladder and kidneys, so i went back in this morning for that....now im just waiting for the results........and of course the bill.....thank god i have insurance that will pay for about 70% of it.

You're in luck, Glenn, there's a special on gallstones this week from USCUTTER.

http://www.uscutter.com/Silhouette-Craft-Rhinestones-Emerald-Green

HAHA NOT FUNNY

Turns out i just have a bacterial infection in my large intestine and colon :(

They got me on some meds.

Anyway.. i need some help with this graphtec...

Ok first, the blade is a 45dg. blade, does it matter which way it goes into the holder, and which way the holder goes into the carriage? In other words, which way should the blade angle be when cutting.... u would think toward the rear??

Next, i did get the blade depth set so it would cut thru the vinyl but not the backing....but when i try to do cuts... it cuts better on the right hand side of the machine and does like nothing toward the center and left side (using a 24" wide roll")...

Force is at 27, speed is at 8, quality at 2.....

For quality is higher number better or not?

Trying to learn here, but dont want to waste alot of vinyl..

i have the 651 oracal and some of the indoor wall removable stuff (got two rolls of that, red and black)

Point me in the right direction...

Im sitting here on my laptop, working on my collection, trying to get this cutter set up correctly, and do a few small cuts...all while struggling with stomach and abdominal pains..... hard to focus...:(

Sounds to me like you don't have the holder all the way down in the mount. Make sure the top of the clamp is all the way over the flange on the blade holder. 

Wow...ur good..just saw that...lol...

Im just under the weather...from being sick...cant think right...today at work was a pain....kept forgetting tools and stuff...and would get into my machine ready to work and realize i forgot something..had to crawl and climb out to go back to my tool box...too many times...i was there for 9 hrs and probably got like 4 hrs of stuff done..

:(

In other words, which way should the blade angle be when cutting.... u would think toward the rear??

Cutter blades fit into a special holder that has bearings, allowing the blade to spin freely 360*

When the entire cutting head moves, the blade is dragged along, and it'll rotate in whichever direction it needs to.

On a personal note, honestly, it's fortunate you 'only' have a bacterial infection, which is the best-case scenario from all the alternatives you faced.

Get well soon.

Oh ok cool..i didnt think it rotated...

Thanks...

I gotta be at work at 8am in 20 mins...if im going....i feel horrible.

for cutting the 651 oracal vinyl... what is a good setting for the force, speed and quality??

for quality is a higher number better quality???

I just did a cut of  a skull... the larger pieces came out and weeded just fine, but the smaller ones didnt...they were still connected to the parts i needed to weed out....

in ve-lxi-master plus I just add a little to the overcut (same as flexipro)