jderry1978

Loved working in vinyl graphics since my first job in one 20 years ago.

Hello everyone. When I was a teenager I worked in a small sign shop and loved it. At one point I bought my own plotter and did it as a side job while my primary job was in banking. Then I became a stock broker and instead of dealing with the hassle of getting approval to have a side business and be a broker I sold my equipment and always regretted it. Now I am no longer a broker and work as a deputy sheriff and have decided to rekindle my sign making dream. I have bought a lp2 plotter for contour cutting and a 50" mh plotter for really large items. I have also purchased a 24" printer for indoor decals and to print photos for people on canvas. My business will be primarily conducted online once my website is up and running. The name will be simple - DerryDecals.com. Was wondering if anyone would be willing to through some logo ideas my way. If I can be of help to anyone feel free to ask, as I am sure to be asking several questions since I have not done this in 15 years.

Hello and Welcome from Florida.  Where are you located?

Hiya, Derry.

"DerryDecals" appears to be too limiting a descriptive name for what you are envisioning as a business concept.

In the mind of the general public, decals are just small items that affix to the windows of their vehicles.

decalsa1.jpg

Slice&Dice,

I agree but my 8 year old son was so happy when he came up with that name for my website. I am open to other names and could probably just put a section on the website called DerryDecals.

Thank you all for the nice welcome.

DerryDesigns.com

It's an available domain, and godaddy will register it for you for $9.99

Derry Decals can indeed be one section, Derry Signs another, Derry Printing, Derry Portraits, etc.

Hi-ho the derry-o

Hello and welcome good luck on restarting your signwriting business. Quality work and professional service will serve you well and bring you customers from word of mouth . I do not put much in a business name but more in the respect the name conjures from good service and quality work . Again the best of luck.

Dan

• Like 1