Sign in to follow this  
bads31

hi im a new be that needs some help.

hi please could some one help me. i have been given a cutter and ive managed to set it up with sign blazer. i started cutting a few things off and have noticed that it is cutting all of the plotting lines instead of lifting and moving to the next piece. ive put the blade in and it is just sticking out of the holder but is very close to the cutter top. as it moves it doesn't move up and down it stays at the same point. please can anyone shed some light on this please.

many thanks.   

also ive noticed when you turn the plotter on the blade arm is meant to go up slightly but this is not? thank you for your reply.

sorry what is a zchip?  its mounted on a stand as we speak. please can you tell me more please. thank u.

sorry what is a zchip?  its mounted on a stand as we speak. please can you tell me more please. thank u.

I just gave you the link.. read the info in the link..It describes what it does, :rolleyes:

• Like 1

would you be able to tell me where i can find the zchip on my cutter possible please? the serial number is 2487

I have a Cutter Plotter MT1351, serial number: 2487 and it also has 'ROHS' on it next to the serial number. It's a 54". I started cutting earlier and as I was the cutter knife itself stop rising and stayed down wrecking the work I was doing at the moment. I have dismantled the top of the cutter had a play and put it back together and it still didn't work. Someone has said about it being the 'zchip' but I wasn't able to find it. 

A reply with help ASAP would be much appreciated as I NEED to get on with these jobs as they have a deadline and I NEED at least one done for Friday. All help will be appreciated very much. :rolleyes:

it's on the bottom on the board.   If you need it that bad, then you had better get 1 ordered  or 2, they are cheap...  And like I said, It you don't have your cutter grounded to the stand with a ground wire , you will fry it again.  That is caused from static build up..  make sure you scrape some paint off around screws for a good ground

sorry to be thick, bottom of what board? as i have taken tje side panel of where the computer plugs in and cant see anything and if i order that part will it definatley fit my plotter? and what do you mean by grounded?

your mother board, on the bottom of the cutter. 

From USCUTTER support

STEP 0.5 – Static Electricity is not good for your cutter (very very bad), so ground the machine. Run a copper wire/speaker wire from a screw on the base of the cutter to a point on the stand, or another "grounded" object. Contact points should be metal on metal, which might require you to scrape away some paint.

The part is for a MH series cutter, which you stated you have. Look at the description... The model numbers are listed. in the ad..

Take some time and read up on as much about your cutter as possible.

Sorry I did say it was an MT1351 as it states on the side in one of my first posts, so please could you tell me if would or wouldn't work. 

It does make sense with the static electricity, will definitely be doing that, thank you.

I have a Cutter Plotter MT1351, serial number: 2487 and it also has 'ROHS' on it next to the serial number. It's a 54". I started cutting earlier and as I was the cutter knife itself stop rising and stayed down wrecking the work I was doing at the moment. I have dismantled the top of the cutter had a play and put it back together and it still didn't work. Someone has said about it being the 'zchip' but I wasn't able to find it. 

A reply with help ASAP would be much appreciated as I NEED to get on with these jobs as they have a deadline and I NEED at least one done for Friday. All help will be appreciated very much. :rolleyes:

also if you have deadlines and you need to meet them think about upgrading to a professional cutter.  don't take orders until you have operating equipement and know how to run it - that is a sure fire recipe for failure.   it could be a z chip or it could be a bad carriage umongst other things - there used to be a link on here about removing the carriage cover and using a 9v battery to test the selenoid

• Like 1

it was working and as i dont know what  a good cutter is from a bad one that would be hard to do. it was going through ok then it started cutting everything instead of lifting. i have another small one that has worked fine not a clue if its good or not. there are so many people out there that say this and that are the best! i just want one thats reliable and cuts ok. so if you know any please advice.

many thanks graham.

Graham cutters are like tools ,cars or about any thing else the better well known brands will usaly do a better job but your usage and needs will dictate the feasibility of going with a higher end cutter . Graphtec is one of the industry standards along with Roland and others . The better quality cutters have servo motors , better memory cache and better tracking etc the cheaper value cutters have stepper motors and less memory and are basic cutters mainly meant for occasional use . USCutter on the sales site has descriptions of the different cutters . Good luck with your cutter and if you call tec support.I am sure they can help you get what you need to get back to cutting .

Dan

• Like 1

it was working and as i dont know what  a good cutter is from a bad one that would be hard to do. it was going through ok then it started cutting everything instead of lifting. i have another small one that has worked fine not a clue if its good or not. there are so many people out there that say this and that are the best! i just want one thats reliable and cuts ok. so if you know any please advice.

many thanks graham.

Graphtec or Roland is the most reliable cutters I have used - even the older graphtecs (I had a fc4100) are amazing cutters!