Hello I have a few things im trying to price.

i have 2 sets of lettering that are 5.5" x 72"  

2 sets at 3.5" x 3"

2 sets at 3" x 46"

2 sets at 3.5" x 24"

How intricate is the lettering? Are you doing the application? And what type of vinyl are you using? I usually go anywhere from $.03 a sq in to $.08 a sq in depending on those questions. That includes basic design set up and 2 proofs for each design, after that I charge for proof revisions. Then $65/hr for application seems to be pretty standard, I only charge this much if I have to physically do the application myself if I am paying someone else to do it then I charge $30/hr.

Keep in mind I do primarily online sales so I price pretty high for my local stuff. You kinda have to get a feel for your paticular market.

I would be around $75 over the counter. That's for Oracal 651 and paper application tape. Install depends on many factors such as difficulty and distance.

Jay

i dont have to put the lettering on the vehicle since my customer said he will do it himself. i'm using Oracal 651 with clear application tape. plus I'm in the Midwest and the customer is in Portland OR.

Gotcha, well I have that job coming out to 1257 square inches. Nothing complex I would go $.05 a sq inch. So probaly $60 - $70 plus shipping.

Realistically if you set that up right your using maybe 2 yards of vinyl (assuming its all the same color) I think 651 cal is like $.70 -$.90 per ft on a 24in x 10yd roll plus transfer tape youll maybe have $10 -$15 bucks of material in the job the rest is for time.

I had to stop using clear tape even on my R.T.A. decals because no matter how many times I said don't install wet they would watch something on youtube or whatever and come back saying it won't stick. Been on there 2 days and still won't stick. Paper tape stopped all of that. 

Jay

I normally use the paper tape but my customer is asking for the clear tape for some reason so thats what im going to give him.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jessehop" data-cid="300963" data-time="1361807759"><p>

Hello I have a few things im trying to price.<br />

<br />

i have 2 sets of lettering that are 5.5" x 72" <br />

<br />

2 sets at 3.5" x 3"<br />

<br />

2 sets at 3" x 46"<br />

<br />

2 sets at 3.5" x 24"</p></blockquote>

5.5 inch letters would be $2.60 per letter. 3.5 inch lettrrs would be $1.70 per letter. 3 inch letters would be $1.45 ea. These prices are for premium vinyl, 751 or 951 cast.

Customer is always right.....

Jay

If only they could all be as right as they think they are... ;D

• Like 1

I listen to everything they say and then when they leave I do it the right way. If they know more about this than those of us who do it for a living maybe they'd be interested in buying my shop and hiring me on. I sure miss a steady paycheck at times. ;D

Jay

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jaybird" data-cid="301310" data-time="1362074798"><p>

I listen to everything they say and then when they leave I do it the right way. If they know more about this than those of us who do it for a living maybe they'd be interested in buying my shop and hiring me on. I sure miss a steady paycheck at times. ;D<br />

The pleasures of self employment lol........ I have been self employed most of my life working long hours long weeks sometimes low pay no health insurance , no sick leave , no paid vacation and all the worries but I guess I would not change it . Construction has always been feast or famine but it was the vocation I choose .

Dan

• Like 1

I agree Dan .. but just 1 of the benifits of being self employed dwarfs all those complaints IMO ... Being the boss & being able to do as you want & not have to listen to supervisors or a boss !!! I guess we can sing a long with Ole Frankie " I did it MY way !!! " :lol:  :angel: . When I hear or read about people complaining about being an employee & it's negatives , I smile & feel good .

• Like 1

One of the best benefits I enjoy now Rodger is being able to say Hell I am going to the beach in two weeks and not have to worry about much except for maybe finishing commited work and delaying the start of something got a while for years I lived to work now I have finally learned to work to live . Next year I plan on going ahead and starting my social security and that income will allow me to maybe work even a little less . I am only working basicly part time now 35 to 40 hours but would enjoy another day a week for my wife and I to enjoy our selfs a little more . If I am traveling on installs now I take her with me and it is sorta like a working vacation going places we probably never would not see otherwise . A few years we did new signage for Allegheny / Mountaineer Gas and Appalachain power that had us Chris crossing West Virginia from Princeton to Weirton easy to Kyeser and Martinsburg and all in between like I said it was like a mini vacation seeing a large part of our state and making money at the same time . So yeah it can have a lot of perks

• Like 1