smendlik

Tape Dispenser

Hasn't anyone tried to build one? I would use (2) 6 or 12 inch lazy Susan's, cut 2 circles the size you need to accommodate how many tapes you have. (4) either thick dowling, and or thick walled PVC pipe. And a wood frame underneath. Nothing to hard or to expensive to build. I mean its nice but dang it's a lot of money for nothing.

it is interesting, but personally, I don't like anything attached to my.table.  I like to be able to use all of my table space of 8ft. I make very large decals.  I use the Mask-Rite. You might think it is pricey. But it does a great job. It can use any size  of transfer tape up to 24", and I can tape any length of decals, without a problem. I have been using it since 2006. I can put it away under my table. It is not attached to anything.  I have a 24" and a 30" Mask-Rite. Just for the ease of use, it has paid for it's self many times over.

Hasn't anyone tried to build one? I would use (2) 6 or 12 inch lazy Susan's, cut 2 circles the size you need to accommodate how many tapes you have. (4) either thick dowling, and or thick walled PVC pipe. And a wood frame underneath. Nothing to hard or to expensive to build. I mean its nice but dang it's a lot of money for nothing.

There are plenty of pics & plans on home made stuff in this forum . If interested , do a search .

I have 2x6 mounted to each side of the app cable with a 1.25 inch holes for my dowel rod ( actualy wood closet rod ) I just slide the rod out put on the size tape I want then just pull out the length you need slide your graphic underneath make sure it is straight and start squeegeing . Low cost effective device . Not my design I copied from my old buddy that has made signs from the 60s

Dan

I have 2x6 mounted to each side of the app cable with a 1.25 inch holes for my dowel rod ( actualy wood closet rod ) I just slide the rod out put on the size tape I want then just pull out the length you need slide your graphic underneath make sure it is straight and start squeegeing . Low cost effective device . Not my design I copied from my old buddy that has made signs from the 60s

Dan

Sometimes the simplest solution is the best 

Here is a pic of the one I designed over 20 years ago.

Bob

Is there a chance that you might be able to give the directions and list of things I will need. I like the one you've designed. Thanks Jay send return email to wrapthis1958@gmail.com

Is there a chance that you might be able to give the directions and list of things I will need. I like the one you've designed. Thanks Jay send return email to wrapthis1958@gmail.com

Robert H. Bigart, hasn't been on here since Dec 2014...

I have the single shaft Webermade and it works ok but I wish it was a little higher off the table. I have been thinking about putting a spacer under mine but haven't found the time. I would like to see a diy version.

• Like 1

I have the single shaft Webermade and it works ok but I wish it was a little higher off the table. I have been thinking about putting a spacer under mine but haven't found the time. I would like to see a diy version.

I have the double shaft version. My table wasn't quite wide enough to mount it on, so I screwed a 1x4 to the table and then screwed the tape holder to that. I have it setup so the edge of the tape and vinyl line up with the edge of the table. Once it's dialed in I can tape a 10' long decal with near perfect tracking.