Sign in to follow this  
midage32065

App Tape stand/roller

Something I am certain was posted here as I think I read a post with one simular..Just wanted to

show what I use..Since the foul weather I am in our spare room in the house which ALSO keeps the

INLAW away from staying for un-countless days since I am occupying it...I am hoping for better

weather so I can go back to the Man Cave AKA Wade's Sign Shop..Will post one of my work

area once I get organized again...I am looking for a stand for a USED Graphtec I bought yesterday

off Craigs List under the Jacksonville Jaguars beach towel....

Have a good one...

post-35148-0-25492300-1358712226_thumb.j

post-35148-0-19457500-1358712291_thumb.j

Nice and simple design as well as easy to get the parts for.  Do you have issues with static from the PVC pipe?

Rayne LA 70578 BUT.....I got an email from a fella in Lake Charles who "says" he can make me a stand with rollers for under 50.00 and del it..Told him I would be happy to go and look at his other stands for PLOTTERS as thats what he makes for the Parish school system out here in LA...But thank you COASTER36 for commenting , if he is not what he says I will get back to you..

Answer to static:SMENDLIK,  I have had no issues BUT I have only used them 2-3 times since our weather kept me from doing anything for past 1-2 weeks...Guess I could ground myself to my Light Box as I have used it to "shine" through my vinyl making weeding a lot easier than using a magnifing glass..I have to use a static strap in my daily work repair Gasoline pumps and their electronics.

How did you secure the PVC rig to the board?  I have a similar setup, but I use large spring clamps bolted to the bottom of pvc and can then just clamp the roller setup on and go.  It works very well, especially with the beefier clamps... but I got industrious and tried a 3-high design and those clamps can't quite hold it secure enough.  

I bought those 6-sided on 1 end pvc plug and inserted into a coupling, drilled through the bottom of the 6sided cap and bolted it to the 1-by and under I counter sunk it, on top where it sets I used a wood auger and wanted the pvc 6side cap to recess into the wood...I finished the 2 this past weekend as I wanted the lower roller so I bought all-thread and drilled through, and blah blah point is I wanted the tack tape to be close to my placement area...My day job keeps me out almost to dark so I have limited time to experiment so weekends are MY time when I am not on-call...I have been in the Petroleum Service field since 81 and trying for 2nd time to get my graphics out there as I am QUITTING in less than a r..Cant get S/S yet but what Obama dont know wont hurt'em when it comes to makin a livin with out government intervention....