Sign in to follow this  
Cuttter

Not so hard to contact USCutter SellTopia, I'm Happy and Addicted

I have been trying to contact USCutter Selltopia. Does any one know why it is so hard to contact them? I am almost ready to put this thing Laserpoint 24 by the curb, for the people who pick up scrap metal. I really wish I would not have made the purchase as customer service is so hard to get a hold of. Everytime I call there is a message that states mail box full please call back later. When I call back it states the same thing. This has been the same message for the last 5 days. 

Send kenimes a PM with your phone #, model of cutter, specs on your pc and problems you are having. Ken is the only support guy and he will get to you.

US Cutter has grown very fast..perhaps faster than Marcus anticipated. One tech person is all they have apparently and Ken is the one. The fact is, Ken spends a lot of time trying to help people do things that are really NOT cutter related,and he gets behind. For example there is more than one post on here about how to adjust the blade,yet hardly a day goes by without someone posting on how they can't figure it out. Simple things,yet important to the individual who is having the problem.

If you can't reach Ken,try PM to me. It could be that I can help you. Or just search the forums for your problem. There is usually a solution. I've had people call me (and even come to my house) who couldn't get the cutter working after a week of trying,and I had it working in 20 minutes.

In your particular case, I don't see anything that indicates a bad cutter...the shock you are feeling is probably just static electricity build-up.

Yes,customer service can be hard to get hold of,and perhaps it's time for Marcus to consider expanding his employee roster as well as his product line. But,at least they HAVE support which is more than I can say about most sellers.

I have been taking calls all day long, every day. Not sure about the voicemail, but you called this morning, and I got you on the line now.

Thanks Ken, I did replace the mother board. I purchased with the cutter. Fan is still fadeing, and the window on the right states PCutt CT-630. I can't get it off line now. The display gets darker and lighter when the fan goes lower and higher. Thought I would post it.

That sounds like a POWER issue to me. Could be bad power supply,could be your house power. One guy posted on here that moving his to another outlet with nothing else on the circuit solved the problem. Worth a try,anyway.

Thanks BannerJohn, I did tell Ken I plugged it to an outlet that is only dedicated to my heat press machines. Of course with out the machines turned on, so the cutter is the only one on that breaker. Still no go. BannerJohn what do you think on the question I had on taking the cutter off line, it doesn't work anymore. I used to be able to. I used to be able to also manually bring the blade up and down from the display window. The only thing I can do with the window is reset it with the red switch.

I agree with john, sounds like a loose connection or power supply issue with everything else you have posted.

We are going to try and have him replace the power supply. Sounds like a power issue to me as well.

Thanks BannerJohn, I did tell Ken I plugged it to an outlet that is only dedicated to my heat press machines. Of course with out the machines turned on, so the cutter is the only one on that breaker. Still no go. BannerJohn what do you think on the question I had on taking the cutter off line, it doesn't work anymore. I used to be able to. I used to be able to also manually bring the blade up and down from the display window. The only thing I can do with the window is reset it with the red switch.

If It is a bad power supply, it could cause all kinds of things to go wonky. It could also fry various componants. I've not any experience in cutter power sipplies but in computers,I've seen a bad power supply kill a motherboard, kill drives,even fry memory.

I have seen computers that wouldn't boot because of a bad external drive on USB...and that's the thing...when it comes to computers (and the cutter is essentially a computer) everything is inter-connected.

Let us cross our fingers and see what happens when you get the new power supply. And hope that it's not been the power supply all along and it has fried the new motherboard you installed.

Ken will hang with you on this til the end and so will the rest of us. Don't give up.

I have to reinstall the old motherboard as Ken believes the original is ggod. The new one doesn't have the parralel cable input.

I don't think any of the LP24's came with a parallel. I bought mine in November and I have a USB and Serial ports. Did your original motherboard have a parallel port?

Yes, mine has a parallel on the mother board.

Serial, not Parallel...... Serial is a 9-pin connection, Parallel is a 25-pin.

:huh:

should the cutter be able to have the power on for over 8 hrs? with out fadeing on the display?

Yes, I received the power supply yesterday. I replaced it and as like you and Ken stated it was the power supply. I had the cutter running for a good 7 hrs yesterday without any problems. I was also able to change all functions on the display with out any problems. The fan is working properly and the display. Thanks to everyone.

Glad you solved it and that you are happy! See how this people are great? Now spread the word!

UPDATE:

I have received the power supply, that was the problem. I am so addicted to vinyl cutting that I find my self cutting for no reason. Even when there are no orders. LOL! This forum is also very addictive.

If there is someone out there looking at this topic, do not do what I almost did. Soemone else would have been a very happy person to find it by the curb, and they would be cutting signs. If you are haveing problems do not get frustrated, become a member, post the problem here on the forum.  There has to be someone that most likely has either had a problem like yours that can help. Or there maybe someone with the knowledge on who to contact to help you. Look for BannerJohn, bk2design, and kenimes! They are like the Three Musketeers    ;)

UPDATE:

I have received the power supply, that was the problem. I am so addicted to vinyl cutting that I find my self cutting for no reason. Even when there are no orders. LOL! This forum is also very addictive.

If there is someone out there looking at this topic, do not do what I almost did. Soemone else would have been a very happy person to find it by the curb, and they would be cutting signs. If you are haveing problems do not get frustrated, become a member, post the problem here on the forum.  There has to be someone that most likely has either had a problem like yours that can help. Or there maybe someone with the knowledge on who to contact to help you. Look for BannerJohn, bk2design, and kenimes! They are like the Three Musketeers     ;)

Thanks I DO know the theme song..no,wait... that's the Mouseketeers. Just as good,anyway.

Yes, I received the power supply yesterday. I replaced it and as like you and Ken stated it was the power supply. I had the cutter running for a good 7 hrs yesterday without any problems. I was also able to change all functions on the display with out any problems. The fan is working properly and the display. Thanks to everyone.

Excellent news!

;)