mwhatch

Cameo users - which software

Should I buy the upgrade to the Silhouette Studio or go with "Make The Cut" or "Sure Cuts Alot". I wonder where I can get more bang for the buck, as they say.

Thanks,

Morton

Does your current software import .svg files?  Or .eps files?  If it does, you might want to consider a FREE program, called inkscape.org  

The other programs, I have never used,  just possibly another option for you.

I would have to upgrade to import SVG. That would be the main reason for upgradeing or new software.

SCALPro is the best bang for the buck IMO . Weeding options is worth the cost by itself . With USC packaging it & making it their " in-house " software , support will be huge here & the Edge Craft people are VERY impressive . I bet more & more features will constantly be added & never a subscription fee .

Traceing has also been an important issue to me. If I can use SCALPro to trace a multi color logo and get a good cut set up for each color, I will be sold. I am going to try the trial version tonight when I get home.

Morton

I have both programs SCAL3Pro and MTC!.

SCAL3Pro is $100 on sale on ebay from USCutter - a good deal if you missed the sale for $50 when it was first introduced - and better than the regular $199 price.

MTC! is $58.36 - also on sale at http://make-the-cut.com/ - or at any of the distributors websites online. 

The tracing in SCAL3Pro is very good  BUT!!!   ----- the newest version of MTC! is worth  look as well since you have a cutter that MTC! supports.

Here is a video on the new color scans tracing feature.

https://vimeo.com/56727192#at=0

There are a total of 5 different tracing methods in MTC!

Bang for the buck?  I would say MTC! - but I have been using it for a lot longer than SCAL3Pro.

-Mike

• Like 1

I have to say I just got SCAL Pro with my MH721 there are some good things about SCAL pro.. I like the weeding feature I like that I can see where it will load in my machine etc. But I do not like the text in SCAL Pro.. I did a half circle the other day and the font was all jumbled up and I had to take extra time to reposition each letter...

I love love love Silhouette Studio.. Its a great little program and you can use SVG PNG etc with it and when it redraws it gets fine details with it and it looks like the original. If I can get it to work with my MH731 I will use it... I just can not get it to work yet..